GTA V

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Was going to post this in the "Last videogame you played..." thread but felt it may need it's own.

Who else is super stoked for this game to release?

I got into just about every one of the games and recently played GTA IV for the first time in probably 6 - 12 months with a friend online and it was just so much fun.

Looking at trailers/previews/screenshots/etc, this game looks like it's going to be fucking SIIIIIIICK!

I just hope the PC version will come (well first it would have to be announced...) soon after the PS3/Xbox release.
And if there is one, I hope it'll be less bugged, hardware demanding and poorly converted than GTA IV.

Other than that, yeah I'm stoked ;)

Oh god I couldn't be more excited.

Only slight worries I have are that
1, the three character storyline thing could mean either spoilers galore for the last two you do (like how gta 4, lost and the damned and tbogt cross over loads) or really short storylines

and 2, it's set modern day, which i'm not so much worried about... it's just that I find rockstar's strength seems to lie in creating an environment that captures a time perio perfectly like vice city/san andreas. Plus going back gives them a better idea of what to put on the radio stations. I mean for fucks sake, V rock couldn't be cooler if it tried

After playing saints row 3, I gotta say gta is not that exciting anymore...

I find gta much better, saints row 3 just turned into a ridiculous load of over exaggerated crap after a while, whereas gta has always struck the balance between ridiculousness/general silliness and seriousness.

Just my two cents though. Don't get me wrong saints row 3 was a good game but it just got ridiculous and completely unbelievable. A bit too light hearted if you prefer :p

That said beating people to death with the massive dildo was fun as shit

YEP. Kinda glad it was delayed, means I'll have a PC that can run it on decent graphics settings by the time it's out :lol:

Saints Row is awesome too, but in a different way. Saints Row 1 and 2 were awesome and a bit more serious, whilst I've always thought of SR3 as more of a 'pick up and have an awesome time for an hour' kind of game, compared to GTA, which you can really immerse yourself in.

After playing saints row 3, I gotta say gta is not that exciting anymore...

Very true. GTA IV was very long and quite boring most of missions were the same shit over and over and not funny at all. Saints row on the other hand brings enjoyment and laughter all the time.

I think Saints Row is lame. Really kiddie humor. GTA is great because of the social commentary and serious action moments mixed in with witty humor. Saints Row is just the silly do-whatever sandbox element of GTA without all the stuff that makes it great.

Saints Row is awesome too, but in a different way. Saints Row 1 and 2 were awesome and a bit more serious, whilst I've always thought of SR3 as more of a 'pick up and have an awesome time for an hour' kind of game, compared to GTA, which you can really immerse yourself in.

Basically this. I wouldn't rush out to get a new saints row game anyway for pretty much this reason, like you said it's more f a "pick it up and dick around for a bit" game with no massive longevity to it.
I'll agree with whoever else it was that posted it though, that gta iv did get a bit boring at times. The radio adverts/general missions weren't as good. IMO the lack of cheesy cliche's didn't help that fact, unlike San Andreas and Vice City which were full of them left right and centre :p

Not stoked at all, because my computer wont be able to handle it and i wont be able to afford a new one in a long time. :(

I was never a big fan of the single player missions in most of the GTA games, but the multiplayer in GTA IV really sorta sucked me in. But then, I was a total newb at owning a newer gaming system (XBOX 360) and it was like a whole new world to me.

Something about having a few buddies and running around, killing cops, stealing helicopters.......

I'm really hopefull GTA V will get me back to my PS3. I haven't touched the PS3 for 5/6 months now and my games are collecting dust.
Lost all my progress on Save games 6 months ago after an update to the system.
I got kicked back from 85% to 14% with Arkham Asylum and from Chapter 13 tot Chaper 2 with Max Payne 3.