Guitar Player's Thread

On Saturday? Perhaps we can meet up, although I don't know where I am yet, depends on other possible guitar players added to the billing.
Yeah, i'll be there on saturday. Pretty much the whole day.

Lowberg said:
If you ever get bored, put your old amp tubes in a microwave

hahaha
That looks cool, definatly going to try that when i have some old tubes and microwave!

Btw, when your using Revalver. How do you connect your guitar with your pc? I can't seem to find it.

Muffin said to me you need a good soundcard that supports ASIO, whatever that is.
That's weird I think since your Toneport is that soundcard that supports ASIO. :p
It lags with my Toneport too btw.

That's weird I think since your Toneport is that soundcard that supports ASIO. :p
It lags with my Toneport too btw.

Well I can't remember what EXACTLY he said, but it was something with ASIO, and my TonePort being designed and purposely used for GearBox and Line6 software.

I've started composing a piece for COBOT, as of an hour ago or so.

It's still total crap right now, and nowhere near done, but I was wondering what you all thought. I tried to do something different.

I still have to compose the bass, 2nd guitar, etc. in terms of the tracks. And in terms of composition, I have to do the bridge, solo, final chorus, and outro. I think. It still seems too simple, to me. I hate when things get too repetitive, but I may need to have certain parts repeat a bit more than once over.

EDIT: I'll probably also add some keys/strings to flesh it out, too. And more riffs.

EDIT2: Converting it to GP4 really quick.

EDIT3: Alright done.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oeanif
I think it needs some work. To many different riffs imo.
Also I think you maybe need to look a bit more at the build up of the song, for instance I think it would sound better if you would just leave bar 8 and 9 out. It sounds cool to get that heavy open string riff after those 2 bars after the intro, bars 8 and 9 take away a bit of that feeling so I'd leave them out if I were you.
Just my thoughts though :)
You're on your way, good luck with composing the rest :)

I've started composing a piece for COBOT, as of an hour ago or so.

It's still total crap right now, and nowhere near done, but I was wondering what you all thought. I tried to do something different.

I still have to compose the bass, 2nd guitar, etc. in terms of the tracks. And in terms of composition, I have to do the bridge, solo, final chorus, and outro. I think. It still seems too simple, to me. I hate when things get too repetitive, but I may need to have certain parts repeat a bit more than once over.

EDIT: I'll probably also add some keys/strings to flesh it out, too. And more riffs.

EDIT2: Converting it to GP4 really quick.

EDIT3: Alright done.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oeanif

Not shit, but not excellent either.

As Flappy said, you need to make it "flow" more. This might be the lack of other instruments tho.

If you work on it, i'm sure it'll turn out awesome. :)

A friend thinks about selling his '87 Jackson Custom shop. Bridge PU is not original, dunno what's in there atm. Anyone interested? The finish is wicked. I think he wants something around 800 Euro.

The plate says that it's been made in San Diego, but that's wrong, they only used the last few plates from there in their first months in Ontario.

I've posted an announcement on the french "JCF" + your e-mail address.

I was at the Maximum HxC and Metal Fest last saturday and I saw Sepultura, Behemoth and Kataklysm for the first time. Awesome festival! Marfal was there too.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely take your advice. :)

And I know what you mean, about it being 'meh'. It's pretty incomplete, and still mostly an amalgam of ideas, at this point. It should be much better when it's closer to being done, I'm hoping.

Though I may shelf this idea for a bit and work on something that will fit the rest of the album a bit more, probably. Or just persevere and at least finish it as an experiment. But either way, I should have something much more complete by the end of the day.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely take your advice. :)

And I know what you mean, about it being 'meh'. It's pretty incomplete, and still mostly an amalgam of ideas, at this point. It should be much better when it's closer to being done, I'm hoping.

Though I may shelf this idea for a bit and work on something that will fit the rest of the album a bit more, probably. Or just persevere and at least finish it as an experiment. But either way, I should have something much more complete by the end of the day.

Add more tempo and some triplet/doublebass fast drum beats and you're good to go:kickass:

I'm sitting here in class, and decided to write up something that might be a bit closer to normal, but still different.

Again, not done, especially at the end. At that point it's unorganized and bare bones, as the other instruments haven't been written as I type this. But I'd say it's at least much more complete than my last idea.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9lkiy

EDIT: When you play it, boost the tempo a bit.

I'm sitting here in class, and decided to write up something that might be a bit closer to normal, but still different.

Again, not done, especially at the end. At that point it's unorganized and bare bones, as the other instruments haven't been written as I type this. But I'd say it's at least much more complete than my last idea.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9lkiy

EDIT: When you play it, boost the tempo a bit.

MUCH better man:)!

But track 2, bar 8 and 13, need to go man:lol: Sounded too happy:lol:

I really liked this one:)

Thanks Ensi! :)

I like it better too. I just need to keep adding to it and really flesh it out.

Also, I know what you mean about those parts, you're right, and I just changed them.

This is from outside/before the COBOT album, but I figure while I'm posting things, I'd really be interested in seeing what people think.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dw1a9g

I need to give it a true solo, one that just rips into it. Maybe some more depth in certain parts, too.