Guitar Player's Thread

What are you going for?

I am keeping my eyes at some particular guitars like:

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser(fixed bridge version)
Ibanez RG7321 or RG1527 but since i wouldn't really want a tremolo on a 7 string then i ain't sure.
Ibanez Xiphos (the new 27 fret one...really love the looks of it and it looks super comfortable playd when standing up)
Agile Interceptor 7 string(these look hella sweet. Just don't know where to get one)
Schecter Loomis(If i can find the fixed versoin, the trem version will probably be out of my budget. The Fixed version is discontinued i hear though...)

I agree with these posts.

Also Swabs gtfo you haven't contributed a shit to this thread as long as i've been here.

You obviously haven't been here for very long then, posting videos of yourself fishing for compliments is hardly "contributing". Stop being so bitter just because no one finds you funny any more.

The Loomis' neck is a bit slimmer than the Hellraiser. The former is more of a D-shape, where the latter is more of a C. Plus, you have the satin vs. the gloss.

I have no experience with the Ibanez's.

The Agile would be good, and closer to the Ibanez side of things than the Schecter. Slimmer body and neck, etc. You can get them from Rondomusic, but I don't know if they ship out that far, worth asking though. The guy that owns the store/site is really nice and easy to work with. Another problem though would be that the shipping costs would make the price not be so awesomely low.

And yeah, they officially discontinued the non-floyd Loomis. I talked to a rep and they said it was because he just doesn't use them anymore. Sucks for everyone else, though.

You obviously haven't been here for very long then, posting videos of yourself fishing for compliments is hardly "contributing". Stop being so bitter just because no one finds you funny any more.

I help the noobs with guitar related stuff. Especially floyd rose stuff.

Well at least I have videos of my playing:p

No offence Ensi but...stop picking a fight with Swabs! :err:

The Loomis' neck is a bit slimmer than the Hellraiser. The former is more of a D-shape, where the latter is more of a C. Plus, you have the satin vs. the gloss.

I have no experience with the Ibanez's.

The Agile would be good, and closer to the Ibanez side of things than the Schecter. Slimmer body and neck, etc. You can get them from Rondomusic, but I don't know if they ship out that far, worth asking though. The guy that owns the store/site is really nice and easy to work with. Another problem though would be that the shipping costs would make the price not be so awesomely low.

And yeah, they officially discontinued the non-floyd Loomis. I talked to a rep and they said it was because he just doesn't use them anymore. Sucks for everyone else, though.

Hmmm yeah...but still. The Euro=/=Dollar currency would still somewhat save me. I just visited Rondo music's webpage and it basically said he occiasionally ships to western Europe(Probably on request) but that the shipping and taxes are the customers problem:lol: I really like how the Agile 7 strings look! If i get my RR24 for sold i will be considering the optinos i mentioned very heavily. Everyone here will think I am gay for selling my limited edition RR24 but i don't really care...It just isn't suiting me anymore it feels. I kinda grow out of the 'shredder' phase which the RR24 was phenomenal at but when playing stuff i play now i would prefer something else i think. I am more into songwriting and experimenting now anyway. So you got experience with Agile guitars? I have heard they are fuckin' awesome!! Too bad they are basically impossible to get a try at somewhere as in Finland :lol:

EDIT: WOW! My grammar really sucked in this post. Too lazy to correct...bear with me people :erk:

Ibanez RG7321 or RG1527 but since i wouldn't really want a tremolo on a 7 string then i ain't sure.
Ibanez Xiphos (the new 27 fret one...really love the looks of it and it looks super comfortable playd when standing up)
Agile Interceptor 7 string(these look hella sweet. Just don't know where to get one)
Schecter Loomis(If i can find the fixed versoin, the trem version will probably be out of my budget. The Fixed version is discontinued i hear though...)

pff, get a K7 :lol: :erk:

Hmmm yeah...but still. The Euro=/=Dollar currency would still somewhat save me. I just visited Rondo music's webpage and it basically said he occiasionally ships to western Europe(Probably on request) but that the shipping and taxes are the customers problem:lol: I really like how the Agile 7 strings look! If i get my RR24 for sold i will be considering the optinos i mentioned very heavily. Everyone here will think I am gay for selling my limited edition RR24 but i don't really care...It just isn't suiting me anymore it feels. I kinda grow out of the 'shredder' phase which the RR24 was phenomenal at but when playing stuff i play now i would prefer something else i think. I am more into songwriting and experimenting now anyway. So you got experience with Agile guitars? I have heard they are fuckin' awesome!! Too bad they are basically impossible to get a try at somewhere as in Finland :lol:

The Agiles are good, for what they are. I know tons of people who love them. But I think that it mostly has to do with how cheap they are, which is good, but if they were priced like most other guitars, a lot of the hype would be gone.

In terms of quality, most of them are generally just as good or better than guitars just under a grand. That is to say, the "high end" Agiles are. But if you're getting an Agile, you might as well get one of those and not cheap out, since they aren't all that much anyway. The 7-strings Septor falls into the high end.

And I would say that, in the case of those guitars, it pretty much all comes down to your own personal preferences. You can either go more for the thin-neck, slim body, shred-oriented specs -which would obviously be catered to by the Ibanez, Jackson, and Agile models- or the Schecter, which would arguably be more versatile.

Within the Schecter models, the Hellraiser and Loomis, aside from the differences I mentioned, there's also the matter of wood choice. Which is minor and less important than a lot of other things, but still does make a difference. The Loomis has the ash (not to be confused with swamp ash) and maple, which lends itself a lot more to lead playing. It's very bright and defined. Plus, it'll have the OFR. The Hellraiser on the other hand will be mahogany and rosewood, which is a lot warmer and darker (but also easy to get muddy), and fixed bridge (you can get them in floyd though).

I heard though, despite what I said earlier, that the new Hellraisers have the same neck profile as the Loomis. Plus, they have the coil-tappable pickups.

There's also the C7 ATX, which has an ebony fretboard, and blackouts.

EDIT: The Schecters are bigger than the Ibanez/Jackson/Agiles. There's more wood there, which I like. And as far as I can tell, it makes them sound "bigger" as well.

Whats the difference between cheesy and catchy leads?

Or should I just not give a fuck what people think in my songs?

The only difference is the listener. Fuck everyone else, do what you want, and like.

^Shut up :lol: Doublepostjump, this was for Flo.

Then we basically have the same plan. I recently (10 minutes ago) got the message that I have more money on the bank than expected, and I really need a sevenstring for my band. At the moment, I have an Ibanez RG1527 borrowed from a friend. It feels great, but the pickups suck ass.

I have some guitars on my list:
Schecter Loomis (new) --> probably not, because of the neck profile and because I love Ibanez and want to stay in the family.

Ibanez Universe Series (UV7BK black/green, not produced anymore), or more top of the line RG7 models. Used of course, it would be out of my price range if I bought it new.

sooooo i jammed with my friend josh whos in a local metal band and hes been praising about me to all his friends and now i have some offers to be lead guitarist in a couple bands, the one most promising is a epic thrash/power thing sorta like nevermore/opeth. this guys got great tunes already and they have a full band but they just need a killer lead guitarist (myself :p) to join them so im gonna jam with them on wednesday :D

The Agiles are good, for what they are. I know tons of people who love them. But I think that it mostly has to do with how cheap they are, which is good, but if they were priced like most other guitars, a lot of the hype would be gone.

In terms of quality, most of them are generally just as good or better than guitars just under a grand. That is to say, the "high end" Agiles are. But if you're getting an Agile, you might as well get one of those and not cheap out, since they aren't all that much anyway. The 7-strings Septor falls into the high end.

And I would say that, in the case of those guitars, it pretty much all comes down to your own personal preferences. You can either go more for the thin-neck, slim body, shred-oriented specs -which would obviously be catered to by the Ibanez, Jackson, and Agile models- or the Schecter, which would arguably be more versatile.

Within the Schecter models, the Hellraiser and Loomis, aside from the differences I mentioned, there's also the matter of wood choice. Which is minor and less important than a lot of other things, but still does make a difference. The Loomis has the ash (not to be confused with swamp ash) and maple, which lends itself a lot more to lead playing. It's very bright and defined. Plus, it'll have the OFR. The Hellraiser on the other hand will be mahogany and rosewood, which is a lot warmer and darker (but also easy to get muddy), and fixed bridge (you can get them in floyd though).

I heard though, despite what I said earlier, that the new Hellraisers have the same neck profile as the Loomis. Plus, they have the coil-tappable pickups.

There's also the C7 ATX, which has an ebony fretboard, and blackouts.

EDIT: The Schecters are bigger than the Ibanez/Jackson/Agiles. There's more wood there, which I like. And as far as I can tell, it makes them sound "bigger" as well.
Oh, thanks for the help man! I think i will definetly keep my eyes on a C-7 Hellraiser or a Agile Septor 7 then! They both look fantastic! Let's keep the thumbs up i got some interested into the RR24 so i can hopefully sell it and get a 7-string :) It'll be weird to let it go though since i've played quite alot with it but then again it really isn't suited for my needs right now.

^Shut up :lol: Doublepostjump, this was for Flo.

Then we basically have the same plan. I recently (10 minutes ago) got the message that I have more money on the bank than expected, and I really need a sevenstring for my band. At the moment, I have an Ibanez RG1527 borrowed from a friend. It feels great, but the pickups suck ass.

I have some guitars on my list:
Schecter Loomis (new) --> probably not, because of the neck profile and because I love Ibanez and want to stay in the family.

Ibanez Universe Series (UV7BK black/green, not produced anymore), or more top of the line RG7 models. Used of course, it would be out of my price range if I bought it new.

Hmmm yeah...I also really love Ibanez. I just think they should broaden their 7-String selection alot :( They only have 1 7-string with fixed bridge! That is the RG7321. Cheers for 7-string GAS:kickass:

:kickass:

The problem with Ibanez is, that they put out alot of different models, but the cool ones are always limited. They had this awesome 7String with a whammy and a Piezosystem in the whammy, but they stopped the production years ago.

Forgot to mention that a JEM 777 DY would be awesome aswell, but it will be hard to find inside my price range (and it's not a 7string of course :( )

777dy92.jpg

Damn just noticed how awesome the Bodom After Midnight solo is, too fast though :p

There's also the Ernie Ball Music Man 7's, like the John Petrucci. Those are amazing.

Generally pricey, though. But arguably some of the best.

Check this shit out:

Follow the link for HQ vid and sound.

This is a sample of the Loomis's instructional dvd from Guitar World. Tasty licks using the phrygian dominant mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
You fucking rock Lowberg.
I think you'd do better as the praying mantis though. :lol: