Guitar Player's Thread

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate all the help.

I'll definitely take those things into account and remember them as I continue to practice. They make sense and I have no doubt that they're correct and will help me a lot. I've really been pushing myself hard lately, because of how much I want to improve.

I'll be there :)
On Saturday? Perhaps we can meet up, although I don't know where I am yet, depends on other possible guitar players added to the billing.

[speed question]

Dunno if you know Lori Linstruth (ex Stream of Passion, Ayreon, Warbride), but she gives good tips in her blog. She doesn't post at the moment, but the old topics are really nice, for example:
http://lorinator.feminoise.com/the-real-secret-to-playing-fast/

There's other useful stuff in there.

A friend thinks about selling his '87 Jackson Custom shop. Bridge PU is not original, dunno what's in there atm. Anyone interested? The finish is wicked. I think he wants something around 800 Euro.

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0005.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

The plate says that it's been made in San Diego, but that's wrong, they only used the last few plates from there in their first months in Ontario.

Jackson rr24, alexi's legendary wildchild guitar- VS alexi's AL600. they're both 1299 usd:
JRR24_ip.jpg
EALX600_ip.jpg

i think i'll opt for the rr24 with the emg 81. i dont know anything bout the pickup on the AL600
opinions? reviews?

Ugh, ok. To both above, no.

The RR24 did not exist when Alexi was with Jackson. They made it afterwards, and they are very similar. Main difference is that his (aside from being custom shop) had gold hardware (OFR) and white binding on the neck as well as MOP inlays and a white logo.

And Nase, you can't compare the RR24 with the 200, they're on totally different levels of quality. You'd have to compare it with the 600.

I currently own a RR24 (ltd. model) and an ESP SV, and having played the 600, I have to say I prefer the ESP's. But that's just me. There really is no "better", only what you like more.

The ESP (LTD) will have a bigger body, but better fret access. The tones will be very similar, considering the comparable build quality and exact same wood choices (alder body, maple neck, ebony fretboard).

However, the ESP will have a passive EMG, and the RR24 will have the active 81. But that's honestly one of the easiest things to change, so I wouldn't base it on that. Plus, the ESP will (probably) come with the MM04. I'm basing this off of his new signature EMG, which I'm pretty sure will come in his new ESP's.

Choose which one feels and sounds better to you. They're both great. I prefer ESP, personally.

Jackson rr24, alexi's legendary wildchild guitar- VS alexi's AL600. they're both 1299 usd:
JRR24_ip.jpg
EALX600_ip.jpg

i think i'll opt for the rr24 with the emg 81. i dont know anything bout the pickup on the AL600
opinions? reviews?

I am probably going to sell my RR24. It's the limited edition with white binding.(Yellow bevels aswell...). I am selling it because i am getting a 7 string most probably. I also have a hard case for it.

So im going to replace one of the screws that adjust the springs on my RR24. Any idea on what kind of screw i am looking for? Also is it safe to just take it out gently and change? It's a bit worn so i want to have it changed! :)

So im going to replace one of the screws that adjust the springs on my RR24. Any idea on what kind of screw i am looking for? Also is it safe to just take it out gently and change? It's a bit worn so i want to have it changed! :)

1. Go to hardware store
2. Show them the screw
3. PROFIT
4. take off all strings
5. clean guitar
6. PROFIT
7. remove springs
8. clean FR
9. PROFIT
10. unscrew screw
11. screw new screw screw
12. restring
13. ???
14. PROFIT :)

:lol:!!!!!!!!!!! Just asking if it's safe. I am just making everything so the guitar will work like a glove!:kickass: Also put out a ad today about that im selling it :)

In exchange for sucking Jeff Loomis/John Petrucci/Meshuggah/Trey Azagthoth/etc instead. :lol:

You'll always be copying someone, intentionally or not, so you might as well just do whatever the hell you want to.

Jeff Loomis dick might be tastier though.

No, but seriously. I feel like I can get a guitar more fitting ME...this guitar just doesn't feel that "natural" to me anymore. And Swabs is right :lol:

That's what I mean though.

Just do what you feel works best for you, rather than worrying about other people.

Jeff Loomis dick might be tastier though.

No, but seriously. I feel like I can get a guitar more fitting ME...this guitar just doesn't feel that "natural" to me anymore. And Swabs is right :lol:

That's what I mean though.

Just do what you feel works best for you, rather than worrying about other people.

I agree with these posts.

Also Swabs gtfo you haven't contributed a shit to this thread as long as i've been here.