Guitar Player's Thread

Wow guys thank you for bringing Obscura to my attention!
Just listened to some songs and it's pretty feckin' awesome! :worship:

hey Mick, have you started a band or anything? with your playing capabilities, it would really be a shame if you haven't got any projects going.

No, I haven't started up anything.

Post previews of your album here, haha! Also, it isn't cool killing animals :mad:

That sounds good, I will need to check them out later. I'll probably forget though :lol:

Woah, I suck! I can't play solos for shit. I just riff my ass off :lol:

Reasons why I suck and can't play solos:

-My phrasing sucks/doesn't exist
-I Can't keep it in beat and fit it in
-I can't fucking keep key!

So yeah, Advice? I used to be able to do slow Michael Amott-OMGVIBRAT-WAHWAH solos but due to just playing drop A shit-riffs with my 7 string lately I haven't done solos at all. I sucked at it from before anyway.

NO!! Nirvana is perfect :mad: I don't care if you don't like them, I didn't either but they are PERFECT for someone that is starting to play guitar.

NAY
In my opinion Amon Amarth take that slot because
1. They have some really easy songs (Vs. The World, Runes to my Memory, etc.), and their stuff is intermediate at the very hardest.
2. They sound awesome :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Only advice I can say is practice! Play what you think sounds good, it eventually sinks in.

Aye, My phrasing is the main problem I'd say though...I can always learn the fucken patterns and scales and learn to stay in key but the phrasing...:FFFUUUu

Dude did your mate just shoot bunnies?
'the fuck?

I didn't do it!!!!!! I've never even shot a gun, never the less killed anything.
I guess the rabbits were being destructive to their garden or something, idk they live out on a farm so defending the farm is usual business for them :lol:

Can someone give me some tips or easy songs to start with transcribing? I have always played by tabs and i think it would be awesome to learn to play by ear.

I often play over pop songs. They are pretty easy and I think it's a good training. Pink or Incubus is really good. Or Avril. Or Rihanna.

Btw. if you choose I'm not dead from Pink then you can play nearly all riffs and leads from Punch Me I Bleed over the song. That's cool :)

I think I will make a YouTube cover :D