Guitar Player's Thread

I like how you say Nirvana is shit and bring up HIM.

That's a matter of taste. I like HIM better than Nirvana. End of story.

To start CCR and Nirvana is good stuff. Playing simple chords and rythm, and simple leads over top, so the player can see how harmony and melody work on a basic level.

Since I don't know anything about that stuff (what you said right there), I've never thought of it that way before :oops: Sry for being a bitch about Nirvana sucking my ass (I still don't like them tho) but I'll give it a try since you says it's good stuff.

speaking of CCR, I saw John Fogerty last night, and the dude would change his guitar for every fucking song. Goddamn it was annoying. It's not like every subsequent song was in a different tuning or anything, but I guess it looks "cool" to keep changing your guitar? whatever. In the middle of the set, he actually did some legato and tapping intro to one of the songs, which was probably the highlight of his guitar playing. everything else was basically a G chord to D chord switch. perfect for beginners.

speaking of CCR, I saw John Fogerty last night, and the dude would change his guitar for every fucking song. Goddamn it was annoying. It's not like every subsequent song was in a different tuning or anything, but I guess it looks "cool" to keep changing your guitar? whatever. In the middle of the set, he actually did some legato and tapping intro to one of the songs, which was probably the highlight of his guitar playing. everything else was basically a G chord to D chord switch. perfect for beginners.

So what if he doesn't do 7 string sweeps or shred like Rusty Cooley. If he can change guitars, why not?

......... I didn't say anything about how he should play like Rusty Cooley, I just made an observation, sheesh.
and the guitar changing was just unnecessary. ok, so you have 12 different guitars backstage, we don't really need to know that.

to my fellow Americans, : happy 4th of july!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been drinking a good amount to celebrate this silly holiday that i did not get off of work for!

looks like COB's management is probably going to buy my GP1000 for them, I just sent them all my payment info. so hopefuilly as soon as i get paid and send it out to them I will have some extra MULAH!!!!

My other guitarist has one of those discontinued Ibanez V-blades in white. I couldnt believe how solid of a guitar it is for the price. I want to get one but it's discontinued and idk about haveing the same exact guitar and color as my other guitarist. i wouldnt want black because im sick oif black guitarws and black makes fingerprints real noticeble..

Well we tracked all the guiutars for our album with his V-blade and he put Seymore dunkcan blackouts in thejm and i ,must say that they are some nice pickups! I doubted them a bit because they got bashed alot on forums but I really like them!

our album name is Winds of the Cataclysm and it should be out by newyears
hopefully it wi;; be availuble for free download but i have work some legal things out first so dont take my word for it

Lowberg TV pt 1 coming up...soon

OH FUCK YEAH

whoever downloaded that obscura tab can anyone export to gp4?? i dont have the updated version...or if anyone could send me an updated version of gp5?

obscura is just about my favorite band right now, so anyone willing to tab any of the songs off the album will be a golden god to me