Guitar Player's Thread

Yo guys! I'm still out here in the mountains of PA.

We got 8 full tracks with guitar and bass recorded over the past few days, on a diet of lots of beer and cigarettes haha. We don't get good internet out here so I haven't been around here all week.

Hope all is well

Al

Pretty much yeah. Nice to hear that everything is going smooth man!

@Noel: Now that I got to check your vid, that's amazing dude! You really are improving really fast. That was a flawless cover dude!

fuck yeah, went to summer slaughter last night

every band was on it including the ones that were suposed to drop off
i skipped ghey ass born of osiris, darkest hour and winds of plague but every other band was sick

i was right in front fo necrophagist, they played amazing. muhammed used a 7 string white prestige though....no xiphos

FUCK!

Guitarplaying is obviously not for me :( Just "jammed" a little on my lameass guitar and I fucking can't even manage to play Aleksanders part on 'Bed of razors'. My fingers get all crossed and fucked up and won't listen to what I say + I get cramps inside my left hand after a couple of minutes of playing :(
Everybody says "have patience and keep on practice" and all that... Well I don't have patience, and when there's no progress at all with the playing, I give up. It simply isn't fun. But hey, the song I REALLY know how to play is Tom Dooley. Damn I should join Grand Prix! Anyways...

And when it couldn't get any worse, I found out that I don't manage to play standing up =/ I don't hit the notes and those cramps are coming back.

+ I don't know nothing about guitars. Like, what things are called, how different things work, how to change things on the guitar and so on. So don't start talking to me about guitars, cuz you'll probably have you biggest laugh ever if I try to answer (something I'm not gonna do :lol:)
L00L! I feel a bit like a looser when it comes to this...

Dude I'm fucked. Somebody call Dr. Phil! :lol:

^ well, how long have you been playing?
Anyways, guitar playing needs a lot of patience.
I doubt even Alexi knew how to do sweep picking in first place :lol:

lol I dont mean to be a dick, but thanks for the confidence boost, at least now I know I can play better than someone on this forum (which appears to be mainly comprised of OMFG awesome guitarists) XD

You need to start with something easier :lol: Try Nirvana or Creedence Clearwater Revival, those are the ones that got me started :)

FUCK!

Guitarplaying is obviously not for me :( Just "jammed" a little on my lameass guitar and I fucking can't even manage to play Aleksanders part on 'Bed of razors'. My fingers get all crossed and fucked up and won't listen to what I say + I get cramps inside my left hand after a couple of minutes of playing :(
Everybody says "have patience and keep on practice" and all that... Well I don't have patience, and when there's no progress at all with the playing, I give up. It simply isn't fun. But hey, the song I REALLY know how to play is Tom Dooley. Damn I should join Grand Prix! Anyways...

And when it couldn't get any worse, I found out that I don't manage to play standing up =/ I don't hit the notes and those cramps are coming back.

+ I don't know nothing about guitars. Like, what things are called, how different things work, how to change things on the guitar and so on. So don't start talking to me about guitars, cuz you'll probably have you biggest laugh ever if I try to answer (something I'm not gonna do :lol:)
L00L! I feel a bit like a looser when it comes to this...

Dude I'm fucked. Somebody call Dr. Phil! :lol:

I get cramps when I play guitar outside at winter so mabye your hands are just cold.

NO!! Nirvana is perfect :mad: I don't care if you don't like them, I didn't either but they are PERFECT for someone that is starting to play guitar.

Yeah, I think soo too :lol: But Nirvana :guh: can (sry to say this) suck my ass.
It'll probably be some Metallica, HIM, TOMDOOLEY? Oh I dunno :lol:

Thanks for answering tho : )

I like how you say Nirvana is shit and bring up HIM.

To start CCR and Nirvana is good stuff. Playing simple chords and rythm, and simple leads over top, so the player can see how harmony and melody work on a basic level.

"z0mg nirvana?!?! thats not metllz!!! gaaay!!!!"