Guitar Player's Thread

Not sure if there is already a thread for this or not, but I was just thinking it would be cool if there was a thread here specifically for lessons. That might be this one :rofl:, but everything always goes through 3253085 topics lol. I'm just looking to get better at guitar, as just about everyone else on here lol.

how good are you?

Your answer, no matter in which level are you, is Paul Gilbert. Seriously. Even if you can't pull off what he's showing in he easy vids, he'll instantly make you want to play and practice more.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShqlufsq5w&feature=fvst[/ame]

2:27 is brilliant motivation for me.

It doesn't appeal to me that much, but it's good yes:)

My bassist got me into Mastodon:)

I love how they managed to change from heavy doomy death/sludge metal to spacey prog seamlessly and relatively quickly. :kickass:
One of my favourite bands for sure

Really dislike Mastadon. Their Vocalist sucks many dicks in the latest albums. Saw them live and almost fell asleep aswell. I mean they are clearly talented but they get far too much praise IMO

and I am a huge prog fan.

Really dislike Mastadon. Their Vocalist sucks many dicks in the latest albums. Saw them live and almost fell asleep aswell. I mean they are clearly talented but they get far too much praise IMO

agreed. and lol at their transition to "space prog metal". I remember I met Troy at the '06 Unholy Alliance tour, and he said that their next album would be about space. I really tried to get into them for the sake of that show, but I couldn't. not to mention, the crowd and the pit was absolutely dead when they were on.

Your answer, no matter in which level are you, is Paul Gilbert. Seriously. Even if you can't pull off what he's showing in he easy vids, he'll instantly make you want to play and practice more.

Agreed, He is pretty much the definition of exactly how good I want to be, always inspiring.

Best thing about that video. The uploader is "imitationnigger" lel DERP

Last edited by a moderator: