Guitar Player's Thread

haha, well this is simply because Paul lives here in LA, which makes it convenient for him. he's doing a free guitar clinic at the Guitar Center in Hollywood, and since it's only like 20 min. away from me, I decided I have to go.

BEWBS!!!

Now that your attention is here, check out my new video, I love it :oops:

Something went wrong in the final harmonies, the videos didn't play normally, they were skiping so I added that weird effect to cover it up a bit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1lZYnb7Xg&fmt=18[/ame]

yes i am a huge child, but i dont really care because im entitled to my opinions and i actually dont care what people think of me because im in deep love with music and guitar and that will always make me happy. so swabs please, throw any witty insult at me i dont really care.

and noel you need better gear man!
great playing

IMG_5857-01.jpg

guy shipped it today, should be coming next week.

FUCK YEAH

Hey guys. I'm new in the market for seven-strings, and I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I've narrowed it down to pretty much either the Loomis sig or the C-7 Hellraiser, and I'm kind of looking for a nudge in either direction. Why would I want one over the other? I've played both of them, and they seem to feel more or less the same to me. The couple of selling points I was looking at were:

The Hellraiser has X-Jumbo frets, where as the Loomis merely has Jumbos

The Hellraiser has a dark wood for a fingerboard. Though I'm not too knowledgeable on woods, I've mostly played dark woods for my entire guitar career, and I'm very partial to my ESP, which has an ebony fretboard. Why would I want the maple over the rosewood?

Pretty ignorant as to body woods as well, hopefully someone can shed some light on those (i.e. ash vs. mahogany)?

I really like the push-pull coil taps on the Hellraiser.

Price isn't an issue at all for me. I just want the best guitar I can get.

Lastly, if anyone has a suggestion outside of these two, I'm completely open to that as well, although I'm not looking to go custom shop. Thanks!

i'd personally say the loomis

the maple + ash will be a very bright sound, ash bodies are not constant you kinda get a different sound with different guitars, even with two loomis's im sure youd get a different sound. depending on how high from the tree the wood actually came from; if it was closer to the ground it will be more bright and have good sustain but higher it gets more lifeless and dull

mahagony + rosewood is a little more bassy, good sustain

if that helps?

Hey guys. I'm new in the market for seven-strings, and I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I've narrowed it down to pretty much either the Loomis sig or the C-7 Hellraiser, and I'm kind of looking for a nudge in either direction. Why would I want one over the other? I've played both of them, and they seem to feel more or less the same to me. The couple of selling points I was looking at were:

The Hellraiser has X-Jumbo frets, where as the Loomis merely has Jumbos

The Hellraiser has a dark wood for a fingerboard. Though I'm not too knowledgeable on woods, I've mostly played dark woods for my entire guitar career, and I'm very partial to my ESP, which has an ebony fretboard. Why would I want the maple over the rosewood?

Pretty ignorant as to body woods as well, hopefully someone can shed some light on those (i.e. ash vs. mahogany)?

I really like the push-pull coil taps on the Hellraiser.

Price isn't an issue at all for me. I just want the best guitar I can get.

Lastly, if anyone has a suggestion outside of these two, I'm completely open to that as well, although I'm not looking to go custom shop. Thanks!

I got the C-7 hellraiser. I had to make the exact same choice. I took the C-7 because of the fact that I don't like how you ahve to take care of the maple and it stains and shit and then I am also a fan of mahogany and rosewood. Another factor was the extra 100 I would be paiyng for the Loomis. Either way you won't be dissapointed...Mine's been great!

If you are a Loomis fanboy then Loomis DID play a Black C-7 Hellraiser on the Year of the voyager DVD...still sounded fantastic!

BEWBS!!!

Now that your attention is here, check out my new video, I love it :oops:

Something went wrong in the final harmonies, the videos didn't play normally, they were skiping so I added that weird effect to cover it up a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1lZYnb7Xg&fmt=18

Where can I give you 6 stars man? Impressing is too short for that. Really good job all the way through the vid, congrats! And, I remember you mentioning that the gear you have is what you'll ever had, that you're not upgrading. Well, man, please do get some stuff and join a band or something, because you have some talent. You're learning really quick and playing really clean. It'd be a shame to see that all confined to a Yamaha Pacifica starter pack and playing in your bedroom. It's good if you're happy, but if you can please do go a bit over it :kickass:

yes i am a huge child, but i dont really care because im entitled to my opinions and i actually dont care what people think of me because im in deep love with music and guitar and that will always make me happy. so swabs please, throw any witty insult at me i dont really care.

and noel you need better gear man!
great playing

IMG_5857-01.jpg

guy shipped it today, should be coming next week.

FUCK YEAH

Had I not recently get my ADA and Rocktron, now I'd be tremendously jealous. Now, huge congrats on that and do post some test vids. Already got the cab?

well hell yeah, we'll have to get together and have a gearfest, with your lee jackson shit, my 5150, your rr24 and my alexi

we'll be UNSTOPPABLE

I'd like to see a vid of you two!