Guitar Player's Thread

Long hair. The fact is, no matter how much every "metalhead" would love to claim they have long hair because they like having long hair, it's synonymous with Metal and it certainly isn't coincidence that the majority of people at a metal festival will have long hair.

metal hair as in long and parted in the middle. I just got over it because the only reason I kept it was to keep myself tagged to the metal scene, and I didn't want that anymore. Plus it's hot as fuck in southern california and long hair just makes it worse.

and for the les paul, ive gotten a better tone out of it than with any other guitar. Sure there are some fallbacks like the weight and the scale length, but nothing you can't get used to. I'd highly recommend getting one.

Don't really see what's so funny, I got over it pretty quickly too.

The expression. I don't think you have to "get over it" with the hair, you just like it or not, and when you get tired of if you cut it. Sure there are some kids (and not so kids) that will have their hair long just for the sake of it because they think it makes them look metal, but those are a small minority. I don't get why, when metalheads cut their hair, they start looking down at the ones who have it long as if they were posers and all of them had it long "because it's metulz and kool dude!!!".

I consider myself a metalhead, and I have long hair, but right now I'm wearing a red Stewie Griffin t-shirt and next to my slayer t-shirt I have a green Ireland t-shirt with a leprachaun, which is much less metal than having short hair according to the metal-fashion terms that I should be following according to you guys.

I consider myself a metalhead, and I have long hair, but right now I'm wearing a red Stewie Griffin t-shirt

That's pretty much metal :lol:.

Yep , a lot of adult metalheads cut their hair off just to get a good work for example (or things like that ) , and make their own many to pay their own tickets to metalshows or buy some cool guitar stuff... their are maybe truly metalheads :oops:.

I just watched a cover of Stairway to Heaven.

It's not just A cover. But this comes very close to the original. Production/quality/playing/singing is AWESOME.
It's a project from a US guy and a dutch guy and they re-did every single note of the song.

Watch it, it's great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt12IjkS_OM&fmt=18

this was amazing. thanks for sharing it. I've never been a fan of that particular song, but watching this made me appreciate it. not only that, but seeing these 2 musicians come together from across the world and collaborating like this all for the sake of music...it just makes me happy :) gives me some faith in people I guess.

That's pretty much metal :lol:.

Yep , a lot of adult metalheads cut their hair off just to get a good work for example (or things like that ) , and make their own many to pay their own tickets to metalshows or buy some cool guitar stuff... their are maybe truly metalheads :oops:.

:lol: Yeah, that's pretty much true.

you dont need to "look metal" or "be metal"
if you like metal music then who the fuck cares if you dress in a suit or in camo pants and a band shirt?

Exactly.

Can anyone recommand me a recording interface, budget 500€, 8 (balanced) inputs, good AD/DA converters, preferably firewire instead of usb?

also, is it possible to record with something like this? http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_adi_2.php

I was thinking about a Motu 8pre but I'm not sure

What are you up to? I don't know much, but I could ask the guy at the studio where we've recorded my band's demo about it.

you dont need to "look metal" or "be metal"
if you like metal music then who the fuck cares if you dress in a suit or in camo pants and a band shirt?

I agree with this 100 percent, I have short hair and wear 'designer' clothes, cos I hate the combat/band tee look, its fine if you like wearing that stuff, but its not the only sole connection to the metal scene and its pretty pathetic that many people think you aren't a 'real' metalhead unless you look the same as everyone else. Anyway rant over!
Great Led Zep cover,

lol, i'd actually want to distance myself from metalheads as i find 99% of them to be completely unintelligent and tbh; fucking retarded

i still have long hair and people think i am one though, but i dont really care that much, i look WAY better with long hair than i do with short hair, and i prefer it that way. I got over the "try to look metal" phase when i was like 15 years old

lol, i'd actually want to distance myself from metalheads as i find 99% of them to be completely unintelligent and tbh; fucking retarded

i still have long hair and people think i am one though, but i dont really care that much, i look WAY better with long hair than i do with short hair, and i prefer it that way. I got over the "try to look metal" phase when i was like 15 years old

I agree.

And same for me:)

i have long hair to hide my face, and also it does annoy, because all the chicks looks and thinks "dirty metalhead" :( i don't even listen to much metal anymore. I wear jeans and random colored t-shirts/long-sleeve social

on topic, i cannot find a guitar which satisfy my needs. I want to practice more solo stuff(wintersun like), and rhythm. And also to use for pop-ish stuff

i have long hair to hide my face, and also it does annoy, because all the chicks looks and thinks "dirty metalhead" :( i don't even listen to much metal anymore. I wear jeans and random colored t-shirts/long-sleeve social

on topic, i cannot find a guitar which satisfy my needs. I want to practice more solo stuff(wintersun like), and rhythm. And also to use for pop-ish stuff

I agree with Ensi, Ibanez is a good choice.
Look at JEMs, the black ones are epic :kickass:

As Ensi said, I'd guess an Ibanez would be a good choice as they're pretty "allroad" kind of guitars. About The Kid's suggestion, if you have money sure, get one, but if not (Jems are quite expensive) a high end Prestige would do for sure imho.