Guitar Player's Thread

great sound,that s how a metal recording should soundlike.
though , the intro is shit, but just becahe i dont like thi shitty classical ficking

Basically it allows you to pick multiple strings at the same time whilst still having the clarity and attack of a pick (as the standard "plucking" action of finger picking results in a much twangier sound). Essentially meaning you could use it play "rhythm" and "lead" using one hand. Anyone who considers this "useless" is an utter fuckwit bender.
Yeah, i'm familiar with the classical method where normally the thumb maintains a steady rhythm on the bass notes while the other fingers are playing melodies.

That is fingerpicking. And if you want the clarity of a pick you can use a fingerpick (not necessary to create a new revolutionary technique called hybrid picking):
player.jpg

You're totally missing the point. Why the fuck would you want all of that extra equimpment on your fingers when you're simply playing guitar "normally" with a pick? But every now and then including elements of an altered style of finger picking that allows the use of a normal pick, hence the term "hybrid picking", because you're playing normally, just including fingers.

no need to get an extra pick if you can use hybrid style and achieve the same sound (like you said) with a 'normal' pick.

edit:
fuck didnt saw the swabs post

Yeah, i'm familiar with the classical method where normally the thumb maintains a steady rhythm on the bass notes while the other fingers are playing melodies.

That is fingerpicking. And if you want the clarity of a pick you can use a fingerpick (not necessary to create a new revolutionary technique called hybrid picking):
player.jpg

1260580108574.jpg

Seriously i can't tell if you're extremely thick or just trolling, 10/10 if you are, made me rage several times and probably will continue doing it.

Also, what Swabs said, 100%

What settings do you use for that tone? Just curious, since I'm always tinkering around with mine to get the most I can out of it.

Guthrie Govan for the win :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8g3vJ4VJZ0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phy4e1YqgQs&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: