Guitar Player's Thread

Basically it allows you to pick multiple strings at the same time whilst still having the clarity and attack of a pick (as the standard "plucking" action of finger picking results in a much twangier sound). Essentially meaning you could use it play "rhythm" and "lead" using one hand. Anyone who considers this "useless" is an utter fuckwit bender.

A guitar teacher told me it was bad to stabilize your hand with your right hand pinky.

what do you mean by saying stabilize? If I got it correctly I made the same ''mistake'' and got use to play with my right hand pinky like that and my guitar teacher didnt like that too but it's a matter of how you can cope with it :lol:

what do you mean by saying stabilize? If I got it correctly I made the same ''mistake'' and got use to play with my right hand pinky like that and my guitar teacher didnt like that too but it's a matter of how you can cope with it :lol:

Yes, that is exact. Without that pinky, I feel like I play without knowing if I'm picking with my hand parallel to the strings or not.

Wow, thanks Mitch!

Am I wrong or did Jason have a wrong right hand technique?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ansiYId66bY

A guitar teacher told me it was bad to stabilize your hand with your right hand pinky.

That teacher is wrong. There is no correct and incorrect way to play guitar. What Jason does is something commonly referred to as "anchoring". Some people do it, some people are against it. There are cons and pros of both, just try them and decide for yourself.

''anchoring'' is the perfect word! :lol: at least this word fits to the way how I hold my hand when I pöay guitarr

thats what you should keep in mind when you have a *bad* right hand technique. Doesnt mean I can change to a *normal fingerstyle pose*.