Guitar Player's Thread

I'm kinda late for this but oh well...

Mitch, I saw you were looking at the RR24. Did you know that there were only 75 made of those? They will be gone quick!
Other, "regular", RR24s come in black w/ yellow or red bevels and white w/ black bevels and they all have BLACK binding on neck and headstock ;). There's one thing that stops me from buying that RR24...they have cheap plastic inlays which do not look as nice as MOP (Mother Of Pearl) ones and I was told that the FR is not the original one, but Ping FR which is not as good based on some reviews from people that have them (http://www.meanstreetguitars.com/floyd_rose_tremolo.htm). RR-J2SP on the other hand has real MOP inlays and real Schaller FR which is just as good as OFR ;). It also has 1 5/8 inch nut width (that means that nut is narrower for a 1.7mm or so). A new RR-J2SP would cost you around 1200EUR, that's for a version like I have that has no bevels. Price for a RR24 is around the same.

Yes, there were some RR24 (the limited edition ones like in pic that Mitch posted) that had poor paint- and fret-job. I suggest you try one at first.
I never tried any of RR24s, but I can tell you that my RR-J2SP is superb quality (same as USA Jackson). I'm thinking of ordering another one later this year with specs same as Alexis - white pinstripes, white binding, 1 11/16 inch nut, scalloped frets 21-24 etc...should cost around 1700-1800EUR after taxes and shipping and there's only 3 months wait time.

How come this one has white binding then?

689guwh.jpg

Oh right yeah, crap.

"Other, "regular", RR24s come in black w/ yellow or red bevels and white w/ black bevels and they all have BLACK binding on neck".

Gotta read stuff properly. :erk:

^ What Epi said.

Also, note that it has ivoroid binding (cream) and not white. Ibanez guitars have white binding. IMO, white binding looks much nicer, but all Jacksons (USA and MIJ) come with ivoroid binding. White binding on a Jackson has always been a custom shop option. Jackson Stars have ivoroid binding too.

Yeah, that doesn't bother me.

Like I said, in terms of looks, it's like the perfect RR type guitar to suite me. If I had the chance to get one, I would.

You play guitar while you're sitting on the toilet?? :lol:

Anyway, it's pretty cool.

I think I need to start writing/recording some of my own music for a change. I've got some slow instrumental thing that I've been working on so I might finish that.

You play guitar while you're sitting on the toilet?? :lol:

Anyway, it's pretty cool.

I think I need to start writing/recording some of my own music for a change. I've got some slow instrumental thing that I've been working on so I might finish that.

hey i'd like to hear that :D

i've been working on an instrumental also, but it's only piano.

watch

this guy seriously needs to die...i swear to god. i have all my gear fucking broken, but i can actually play really well for my experience/age, but this guy cant play ANYTHING and he has fucking amazing gear...god!

That's the guy I bought my ESP from, he seems like a nice guy from the e-mails and his posts on the ESP board, but I hadn't heard him play yet

EDIT: here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xgM0PtTaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDU_hSKwhrE

I've tried 2 jems(one being the one i own) and both were just fantastic, i can alsmost get a better tone from a 15W amp than most famous people :lol: atleast to my liking. I can hardly play on my jackson dinky anymore either, it just feels so cheap. Although i haven't tried the xiphos or the pgm, but i've tried alot of RG's and S series, and i can definitely say that the JEM is the best ibanez i've tried.