Guitar Player's Thread

played and js30rr today @ local guitar shop. Anybody has opinions about it (Ensi) ? Anyway wasn't blown away by it,but the guitar was fine. I really dig the shape :rofl: and input jack at lower horn is kinda comfy for my leg.

New Guitar Day! $99 worth of Chinese child labor at it's finest! (That would actually be awful, but I have no idea how they make these so cheap)

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

Needed quite the setup but Its playing real nice! Ridiculous value.

Its super lightweight, frets need a little polishing, tuners and bridge seem decent. Going to give it a test drive now at band practice!

The backwards headstock is really messing with me, I keep thinking I'm tuning the opposite side because the low E is the farthest peg away.

Maybe it's not Chinese child labor. Maybe the Chinese outsourced it to even poorer countries >:)

So, I've been lucky enough to score some guitar lessons with Emil Werstler from Daath. Had one so far. Already knew he was an awesome dude through a mutual friend, not to mention a phenomenal player and musician, but he's a great teacher so far too.

Pretty excited. Hopefully he can help me break out of the plateau I've been (very aggravatingly) coasting lately.

Mine aren't through JamPlay, though. Not that I don't think those aren't worthwhile or anything. Those are probably rad too.

And just for fun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys ever write a melody or a riff that sounds pretty awesome, when you first come up with with. But sounds just fucking plain and shitty the next day?
Seems to be happening to me a lot this week :lol:.

http://www.musik-service.de/images/Flohmarkt/be8a97b0-b83a-46b6-af9d-5c71cce304f3_i0.jpg[
Is this a Je-1000 ? And how much would you pay for it?

Doesn't look like one. It has 3 pots, my JE-1000 only has one and the gain trim box is missing. Looks more similar to my JE-1200.

Happens to me occasionally. More often, I think of a good riff, but then can't write the rest of the song T___T

Happens to me occasionally. More often, I think of a good riff, but then can't write the rest of the song T___T

Usually what I do when I come up with a riff first is that I figure out which chord(s) it's drawing from, and use those (and the ones that fall into the key of the song) as a basis for a progression I like.

Then, utilizing those chords, I try and think up more riffs/lead melodies, then move on from there.

Hey! Anyone willing to share their soundfonts? I formatted my laptop and forgot to backup my soundfont folder.

What I mostly need is some good keyboard sounds (i.e. strings, choir, harpsichord, orch. hit, lead sounds, etc...).
If you know any good VST plugins for that matter, suggestions are more that welcome aswell.

Thanks in advance!

Btw, posted this in the "cover thread" a while back. Don't know how many listened to it so might aswell post it here.

Sinergy - I Spit on Your Grave (solos)

Usually what I do when I come up with a riff first is that I figure out which chord(s) it's drawing from, and use those (and the ones that fall into the key of the song) as a basis for a progression I like.

Then, utilizing those chords, I try and think up more riffs/lead melodies, then move on from there.

Thats what my guitar teacher tells me to do.
I will try this.

Wouldn't that make the song sound repetitive, though?

Also, I didn't learn harmony so I have only a basic knowledge of chord progressions :(

Actually, a lot of the songs writers compose around a main melody or guitar riff.
They find the key the melody is in, and build upon it with chords within the key.

Hey! Anyone willing to share their soundfonts? I formatted my laptop and forgot to backup my soundfont folder.

What I mostly need is some good keyboard sounds (i.e. strings, choir, harpsichord, orch. hit, lead sounds, etc...).
If you know any good VST plugins for that matter, suggestions are more that welcome aswell.
[/URL]

Check out some products from Native Instruments, they make great plugins.