Guitar Player's Thread

Dude, fuck yeah. You guys kick ass, good luck!

And it's good to hear you've had good experiences playing a Charvel strat. My love for them definitely comes for an unabashed love for players like Jake E. Lee.

Alex, that Song 1 Demo on your myspace is pretty damn good! I love that piano intro. And I hear some Sinergy influence in there with those little scale runs after your riffs ;)

hey guys,

did a cover of bodom beach terror:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4795758/bodom beach terror.mp3

I know a lot of you guys are really good at recording, from what ive listened to, at least ;)
So, what do you think of the guitar tone? I tried to "mix" (lol playing with eq a bit here n there) on my pc speakers, so i have no idea what it relly sounds like :D
so please, little feedback apreciated =)

●Reaper●;8908607 said:
Hey people, I have two questions:
1) How about making some guitar lessons on youtube?
2) How you record a song?

1)
cool, do it.
2)
guitar->(pedal(s))->amp->mic(s)->daw

Hey guys.

I think we should have another forum jam.

Yeah! Lots of time without action in here, would be good!

hey guys,

I know a lot of you guys are really good at recording, from what ive listened to, at least ;)
So, what do you think of the guitar tone? I tried to "mix" (lol playing with eq a bit here n there) on my pc speakers, so i have no idea what it relly sounds like :D

How did you record it? Doesn't sound too bad (tone), and playing is mostly ok, but could use some work on the melodies, the solo and the breakdown/bridge/whatever the fuck before the solo. It's a tricky one.

hey guys,

Try using more reverb on the individual tracks to give it more "room", and a less sterile feeling.

thanks for your comments.

How did you record it? Doesn't sound too bad (tone), and playing is mostly ok, but could use some work on the melodies, the solo and the breakdown/bridge/whatever the fuck before the solo. It's a tricky one.

I used my Toneport GX, but not POD Farm.
Instead I used this Chain:
TS-->SoloC-->LE456-->SIR (Edge Sneap Impulse) --> Waves Q10 EQ --> Waves C4

Here is a picture:

I got a lot of those settings from Andy Sneap's Forum, mainly the guitar competition threads. This Forum is really helpful for such things, I think.

Try using more reverb on the individual tracks to give it more "room", and a less sterile feeling.

How Exactly do I add reverb? (what VSTs and such)
Which individual tracks do you mean, just every guitar track, or?

I got a lot of those settings from Andy Sneap's Forum, mainly the guitar competition threads. This Forum is really helpful for such things, I think.

Don't want to sound rude, but you're saying that you copy amp and pedal settings from some other guy who posted them on a forum,don't you?Be creative:D

^well, i didnt copy it the exact way (except andy sneaps c4 settings :D)
I just used them to have a good start and changed it to fit for what I needed.

But hey, I mean creating a good guitar tone is really not easy at all, and using guitar settings for guitar tones you like is a good influence.
Especially if you know the exact settings that were used ;)

thanks for your comments.

I used my Toneport GX, but not POD Farm.
Instead I used this Chain:
TS-->SoloC-->LE456-->SIR (Edge Sneap Impulse) --> Waves Q10 EQ --> Waves C4

Here is a picture:

FUCK does that look complicated!!!

A jam would be more convenient for me. I don't really have time to write a full song right now.

I'd fancy more a jam too right now, but I'll stick to what we decide.

I'd love to participate, but mah pedal with USB-port broke T___T So, no violin madness this time unless I buy something new w/ a USB interface. I'm so fucking sad.