Guitar Player's Thread

Can't say who's a bigger fag. I've watched another guitar lesson from through the fire and flames (or how it is called) and they have extra live versions of their song because they can't play like on the album.

Btw.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMn-r74_Y_g&feature=channel[/ame]

I've always said that Hetfield is definitely the better guitarist.

EDIT: I always forget that Roope was in Waltari for 5-6 years. Love that band.

I have a problem:
I bought my new guitar about 1 month ago and i've never played with a floyd rose-guitar before.
The guitar had a 0.9 strings set and i wanted to put a 10 one on.
I was changing the strings and after have changed and tuned them all i noticed that the floyd rose was inclined inwards a lot!...i decided to remove the strings but i hadn't got another set so after have removed the first 3 strings i noticed that the floyd rose was inclined outwards(-.-) and now i can't remove the last 3 strings cause of the high pressure.

What do i have to do?
Do i have to buy another set of strings and start putting the 3 missing strings?
Or maybe there is another solution...

Edit:i have seen the ensi's video about restringing a floyd rose again....what if i cut the strings?

This is a typical beginner problem. When you use other strings or want to play in another tuning you have to screw your bolts in ( floyd goes up)or out (floyd goes down) a bit (what are the correct words for the screw and screw? Damn english!).

When you change the string gauge, you need to adjust the sprint tension so that it's balanced again. If it was going inwards, then that means you need to decrease the tension, which means loosening the screws and then retuning. Repeat until it's balanced and in tune.

^Yes but what do i have to do now?
I'm with the fucking guitar in my hands...with only 3 strings on and with the floyd rose inclined outwards so that i can't remove the strings cause i can't screw the screw...(screw the screw :lol:)

I've always said that Hetfield is definitely the better guitarist.

EDIT: I always forget that Roope was in Waltari for 5-6 years. Love that band.

Haha, i spent a loong while trying to dig up that band, trying to find the song they used for that famous jam of him and alexi, this was back when i was a fanboy. Spent ages, found it FINALLY, came during the intro, then the vocals kicked in and i think i had the biggest musical disappointment i have ever experienced in my entire life :lol:

Been seeing that guy's stuff for years, he's so awesome.

When you change the string gauge, you need to adjust the sprint tension so that it's balanced again. If it was going inwards, then that means you need to decrease the tension, which means loosening the screws and then retuning. Repeat until it's balanced and in tune.

I can't comprehend how people don't know this, my first guitar (and pretty much everyone's) was a strat copy, and I adjusted the bridge springs on that when I changed from the stock 9-42s to 10-52s.

Haha, i spent a loong while trying to dig up that band, trying to find the song they used for that famous jam of him and alexi, this was back when i was a fanboy. Spent ages, found it FINALLY, came during the intro, then the vocals kicked in and i think i had the biggest musical disappointment i have ever experienced in my entire life :lol:

Fair enough. :lol:

They are weird, and more rock than metal, but I still very much enjoy them. I can see what you mean about the vocals. Kärtsy is super creative, and has lots of character, but not the best voice.

What do you guys think of those broken up sweeps that have 2 notes per string every 2 strings?

here's an example

-12-8--------------------------------8----
------10--------------------------10------
---------10-9---------------9-10----------
--------------10---------10---------------
-----------------12-8-12------------------
------------------------------------------

like deadnight warrior solo.. its fucking hard..

Oh man am I pumped. The artist that my band hired to do our debut album's artwork sent me the work-in-progress version of the cover art and I shit my pants a little bit.

I didn't want to give any sneak peeks on this album yet but the level of epicness has forced me to share a few tiny snippets of the artwork without giving the main picture away.

WOTC.jpg

The whole picture is about 65% done, still a lot of detail that's going to be added.

Also the color scheme is not set in stone, as we are debating going with a more firey type scheme or keep this one that he suggested.

Looking fucking great Lowberg! I like the theme and also, if you ask me, I think the colour scheme it has right now it's great. Maybe with the final picture is another thing, but as it looks now, I think this colour scheme is much better than going for red/fire stuff.

I'm trying to decide the next guitar I want to buy ahhh.

I have it narrowed to to 4 guitars which are so similar its hard for me to figure it out. I'm sure it's easy to see, but I want a white guitar and I'm digging X/V shapes with neckthru 24 frets and tremolo :lol: So basically this is the upper-mid priced guitar that I want to hold up well if I ever do any touring in my life, and just can take some abuse and keep kicking

Its between

*GUITARS*

I'm leaning towards the xiphos, It is the best priced, pretty original shape, has neck pickup, good stock dimarzios, and I think it looks pretty wicked. The only concerns is the Edge III bridge which I would want to replace with a floyd....and after cost of that It would pretty much put this guitar in the same price range as the others

Roope: Sick shape, like the simpleness of it. It is actually going $100 cheaper than the AL-600 now which is cool.

Alexi...yeah inner fanboy in me always wanting one. But as I recall, there was also a time years ago where I really wanted a Zakk Wylde Epi les paul.....glad I didnt go down that route, maybe that's a good lesson to scratch this one out.

I like the fact the the new AL-600's and roope's have unfinished necks

RR24: Liked it and play them all the time at my local store, but I think they are a little pricey for what you get. Didn't really blow me away. Being used to playing a higher quality Jackson for so long, I am probably biased. Love that compound radius though!

I'm not asking to poll what I should get, but just wondering what you dudes think.

I'd go for the Roope one if you don't mind the no neck pickup thing. If you're ok with that then I can tell you it's an awesome guitar (tried it, rocked), really nice and smooth neck, quite rare to see around and overall looks pretty damn nice.

I can't comprehend how people don't know this, my first guitar (and pretty much everyone's) was a strat copy, and I adjusted the bridge springs on that when I changed from the stock 9-42s to 10-52s.

It's not the same. With strats and all guitars with normal tremolos it doesn't really matter the string gauge as the tremolo tends to be set strong enough to hold by itself, and the wood stops it from going the other way. With floyds as you have to balance the tension of the springs with the tension of the strings to get the trem levelled it takes more time and learning.

It's not the same. With strats and all guitars with normal tremolos it doesn't really matter the string gauge as the tremolo tends to be set strong enough to hold by itself, and the wood stops it from going the other way. With floyds as you have to balance the tension of the springs with the tension of the strings to get the trem levelled it takes more time and learning.

Of course the Floyd takes more experience to set up, but I was saying that at its very core it's the same process, and I don't understand how people wouldn't think of adjusting the spring tension if they had a trem-equipped guitar with such issues.

Looks rad Alex!

I talked to my friend who has a Roope and has played the Alexi, and he says they are in fact pretty much identical in all ways except for the shape.

Oh man am I pumped. The artist that my band hired to do our debut album's artwork sent me the work-in-progress version of the cover art and I shit my pants a little bit.

I didn't want to give any sneak peeks on this album yet but the level of epicness has forced me to share a few tiny snippets of the artwork without giving the main picture away.

WOTC.jpg

The whole picture is about 65% done, still a lot of detail that's going to be added.

Also the color scheme is not set in stone, as we are debating going with a more firey type scheme or keep this one that he suggested.

Looks cool man. May I ask the name of the artist?