Guitar Player's Thread

I would love to try a Paul Gilbert guitar someday, but from the info I've gathered the neck would probably be too thin for my taste.

I'd say for me at least, having a neck I am comfortable with is the most important factor when picking guitars

I liked the neck on my friend's Dean, thicker than an Ibanez but thinner than the fucking tree trunk glued into my Epiphone :p

I hear Schecters have similarly comfortable necks.

I would love to try a Paul Gilbert guitar someday, but from the info I've gathered the neck would probably be too thin for my taste.

I'd say for me at least, having a neck I am comfortable with is the most important factor when picking guitars

As far as the neck is concerned, I personally would take the satin finished ESP/LTD necks any day. But I've never liked Ibanez necks. And it really is a matter of one's own taste.

My Alexi Sig doesn't dive maybe its cause i have the ESP version idk if the Ltd strap button is in a different place But idk its whatever feels right for you i personally didn't llike the xiphos Id rather save up more and got a paul gilbert sig

The neck diving problem is the only flaw on the xiphos. Otherwise, it feels amazing to play. And even being a painted neck, it doesn't slow you down in any way at all. But of course, you'd have to like the thin Ibanez necks. I find most of the other guitars I've tried, like Schecter and ESP, have really beefy-feeling necks compared to what I'm used to with Ibanez.

Ohh alright cause the neck isnt painted On my alexi sig either and i know the LTD have painted necks so i didnt know if there was more differences
But I like Ibanez necks just not the xiphos its prob cause my hands arent all that big
I love the Paul Gilbert models though its prob gonna be my next guitar purchase either that or a George Lynch signature

Yep, and also the fact that you wouldn't do it yourself????? I've had no training with either but I can still install pickups and electronics if I have a wiring diagram and all the right wires.

Im just scared if I fuck it up, thats all.

Like what if I accidentally solder the actual bored and ruin the tracks, what if I accidentally solder two little cables togethor on the bored and cant manage to get the solder off?

Little things like that are what scare me, but I probably will give it a shot :)

I decided to pull an all nighter and not go to sleep, to get homework and studying shit done, but I got bored in the middle of it and decided to photoshop my ideal rig :lol:

Looks like shit but it was fun and killed some time!

Rack.jpg

I JUST BOUGHT AN ESP ALEXI 600 BLACKY :D
FUCK YEAAAA!!
WOOHOO!!
IM SO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW :D
I paid 1260AUD in total for the guitar and shipping :D

PLEASE dont think im bragging, im seriously so excited I had to release it somehow >_<

I've been learning "Catching the Light" by Antoine Dufour this week. My left index finger hurts like a bitch but I've finally managed to get the tapping and right hand harmonics down. Its quite difficult learning a totally different style after so many years of playing metal.

I decided to pull an all nighter and not go to sleep, to get homework and studying shit done, but I got bored in the middle of it and decided to photoshop my ideal rig :lol:

Looks like shit but it was fun and killed some time!

Rack.jpg

haha nice man, what is the white pedal? a NS?

Hey guys!
Just wanted to ask if anyone here could help me out with a tab for that song as I really totally suck at tabbing...Help would really be appreciated. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rig setup Alex! But why two 5150 II's and not a 5150 and 5150 II? I guess they're already similar enough for it not to really matter anyway, but at least you would have at least slightly more difference between the heads, haha.

And what's in the rack mounts above them?

Nice rig setup Alex! But why two 5150 II's and not a 5150 and 5150 II? I guess they're already similar enough for it not to really matter anyway, but at least you would have at least slightly more difference between the heads, haha.

And what's in the rack mounts above them?

Because, backup is a smart idea. If you gig regularly you know that gig situations are almost always cursed.

A tube screamer and a crybaby and some wireless shit :D

Ah, cool! I should have recognized that TS and Rack Wah (and Tuner).

Because, backup is a smart idea. If you gig regularly you know that gig situations are almost always cursed.

Well, the 5150 is the most reliable tube amp head I've ever come across in my life (regardless of one's opinion of the tone, which is up to personal taste), but I totally understand the immense benefit of a backup. I was more just wondering why you don't give yourself at least a little more variety of tonal flavors.

On the other hand though, between the 5150 and 5150 II, I've noticed that there's almost no difference, except for a bit more mids and low-end tightness on the former. But it is almost negligible.