Guitar Player's Thread

I would invest in one of the standards. By which I mean,

Mesa (Single/Dual/Triple) Rectifier, Peavey 6505/6505+, Marshall JCM or JVM.

Because they're all good, and will provide you with a solid amp on which to build your own tone and figure out where you want to go.

I've got an engl preamp, it sounds really nice but not the best I've heard.

But that's just my feelings about that particular model so you have to take into account its the cheapest engl model you can buy and I use it with a crap peavey power amp with girly power tubes. The resonance and presence controls on the peavey color the engl quite a bit.

The only other engl I've played was a powerball for about 2 min and it was awesome.

i got a fucking kickass korg at-12 chromatic tuner from like 1986, it's a fucking tank and pretty rare supposedly. but back in the day it was like the best you could get, i've never had a legit tuner so i'm stoked :D

i also got two typewriters and a shitload of other old things from my grandparents :lol:

The only other engl I've played was a powerball for about 2 min and it was awesome.

Yeah, Chris Broderick, Abbath and Jeff Loomis all use Powerballs, they all use different pickup brands but their tones are equally awesome. Lots of clarity and heaviness. Apparently their cleans are good too, did you try them out? I don't really care much for testing an amp's overdrive, if it's a high-end peavey/marshall/mesa etc. I know it'll be heavy as fuck but badass cleans are important.

E-645-2-2T.jpg

omg, i just downloaded ineartheds discography (and yea i know it was old bodom)... the music has so much feel to it...
so many parts of the song are in there bodom albums, like on the Shining II, its off Towards Dead End, and on Talking to the Trees theres a part thats on Mask of Sanity...

does anyone know what age Alexi and the gang were (they all would have been around the same age) back then when they recorded there inearthed songs? and i think (not %100 sure) that it was only Alexi, Jaska and Henkka in inearthed, correct me if im wrong and answer the question please :)

yeah engl's look really sick and saw some vids and the tone really impressed me but they are pretty expensive compared to a 6505 or Madison divinity that i can get for around 700-900$ used... Madison looks interesting but they don't seem to be as versatile as engl or even peavey. Well actually I'm just looking for a really heavy amp because for cleans i actually have this traynor tube amp from the 70s thats sounds badass on clean.

omg, i just downloaded ineartheds discography (and yea i know it was old bodom)... the music has so much feel to it...
so many parts of the song are in there bodom albums, like on the Shining II, its off Towards Dead End, and on Talking to the Trees theres a part thats on Mask of Sanity...

does anyone know what age Alexi and the gang were (they all would have been around the same age) back then when they recorded there inearthed songs? and i think (not %100 sure) that it was only Alexi, Jaska and Henkka in inearthed, correct me if im wrong and answer the question please :)

1. OLD.
2. ON-TOPIC.
3. ON-TOPIC.
4. ON-TOPIC.
5. ON-TOPIC.

Have you not discovered Wikipedia yet? This is not even the topic here and you would get the answers much easier by google or wiki.

Yeah, Chris Broderick, Abbath and Jeff Loomis all use Powerballs, they all use different pickup brands but their tones are equally awesome. Lots of clarity and heaviness. Apparently their cleans are good too, did you try them out? I don't really care much for testing an amp's overdrive, if it's a high-end peavey/marshall/mesa etc. I know it'll be heavy as fuck but badass cleans are important.

Actually Jeff uses the ENGL SE (Which is like the ultimate ENGL) and I believe Chris uses the same setup as Megadave now.

Actually Jeff uses the ENGL SE (Which is like the ultimate ENGL) and I believe Chris uses the same setup as Megadave now.

That is correct.

There's eve an interview with Dave (and Chris) where Dave flat out says that you're only allowed to use Marshall amps in Megadeth. Plus a lot of other bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guitar prodigies please tab Kalmah's new album for me on Guitar Pro? Sacrementum and Better not to tell are priority. In return, I'll ransack your village and still your womens, leaving you ruler.

What page????

Don't involve any personal taste. I'm talking vocal ability, you can't deny he could hit some sick notes and make them sound good at the same time. Shame you can't say it about the rest of the band, in a live situation.

No idea what page.

It's in arpeggios from hell

15-14-12-11-------------------------
-------------13-12-10------------
that pattern downwards, i'm sure you know the one >_<

finally I found the time to put all my stuff together except for the rest of my guitars :D
gl9wtt53.png

Powerball II fucking noob.

I still fail to see how that is relevant.

That is correct.

There's eve an interview with Dave (and Chris) where Dave flat out says that you're only allowed to use Marshall amps in Megadeth. Plus a lot of other bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5rDQPaVDc

Oh yeah, it said in the endgame booklet that only marshalls were used in the recording. But I've seen some other stuff of his, not from Megadeth, like the 8-finger tapping video, badass tone.