Guitar Player's Thread

fucking postjumped me Brent

@Delanoir Yeah, I thought that was pretty gay. Same with him not being able to use 7-strings in the studio.
Ah well, still was a bloody good album.

I'm trying to come up with ideas for some sort of instrumental song full of neto guitar stuff so I came up with this repetitive groovy thing in 3/4 and tried to write some lead stuff overtop.

Sorry for the sloppiness, I just came up with the ideas today and haven't had time to practice them lol

Kind of stuck on what should come next though in the song, not used to writing instrumental stuff that's not traditional song format with verses and stuff :erk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rad ideas dude!

Just found an awesome an awesome instrumentalist you might be able to get some ideas from. Even if he does have 2 more strings than you.

Yeah, definitely. I know for me that's what I always try to do with my leads anyway, make them more like vocal melodies. Just sounds better/more interesting/memorable (to me).

Which I feel is especially important for instrumental lead stuff, since they're essentially taking the place of actual vocals.

That was pretty cool, and he has pretty good tone too. I'm not usually a big fan of 7 and 8 string guitars, but that was really entertaining.

Looks like the Schecter Loomis is now available in satin black in addition to the red, announced at Musikmesse.

Loomis_Poster_LowRes.png

Cool, the vampire red was kinda getting old.

Agreed. And as much as I usually love red guitars with maple necks/fretboards, the vintage yellow of this one made it look like a MacDonald's themed guitar

The new 2nd guitarist for Nevermore has this custom one.

l_098f881eda144b7182f0f222038b25dd.jpg

l_60ef89a09801471f8835c49b51654ce9.jpg

l_c826eaed38a44e9b93df0cbcd4a68a67.jpg

Here's Jeff playing The Obsidian Conspiracy at Musikmesse:

Thanks to sevenstring.org

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBqs81RBjWk&feature=related[/ame]

I'm really not that into normal-shaped guitars but goddamn I'm tempted by the new black Loomis FR model.

Agreed. And as much as I usually love red guitars with maple necks/fretboards, the vintage yellow of this one made it look like a MacDonald's themed guitar

The new 2nd guitarist for Nevermore has this custom one.

l_098f881eda144b7182f0f222038b25dd.jpg

l_60ef89a09801471f8835c49b51654ce9.jpg

l_c826eaed38a44e9b93df0cbcd4a68a67.jpg

2nd guitarist?
Regrdless that is awesome.