Guitar Player's Thread

This is not a late april fools joke:
IMG_0544.jpg

The story behind it is pretty sad, actually: http://www.marshallforum.com/marsha...ation-one-off-custom-pink-marshall-stack.html

Meh... I hate this program. But maybe just because I don't understand it. But you don't have any equalizer in SV, or? Do you have any problems with .avi files? When I redner my videos, the program accept the avi files of my digicam but when I try to load a full movie in it, it only loades the audio file but no video... I googlet a bit but can't find a real help. Seems to be a problem of this program because of wrong or missing codecs...

Meh... I hate this program. But maybe just because I don't understand it. But you don't have any equalizer in SV, or?

2rp5roj.jpg

Do you have any problems with .avi files? When I redner my videos, the program accept the avi files of my digicam but when I try to load a full movie in it, it only loades the audio file but no video... I googlet a bit but can't find a real help. Seems to be a problem of this program because of wrong or missing codecs...

Yeah I have had problems with some .avi files and some .mov and .3gp files.

I've never had to edit any of those like majorly so no problem for me. But I have had got it to work, you just need to google ALOT and trial and error.

Very frustrating, but that's not in my case. I love Sony Vegas.

When I redner my videos, the program accept the avi files of my digicam but when I try to load a full movie in it, it only loades the audio file but no video... I googlet a bit but can't find a real help. Seems to be a problem of this program because of wrong or missing codecs...

May have something to do with what renderer the avi file is using, and whether the program supports it... Since an avi file can have tons of variations. It's a pain in the ass, but something to try - convert the .avi in question into a format that the program doesn't have an issue with and see if that helps (use SUPER(c) for that).

Messing wif violinz again, Ensi? :loco:

Also, gotta love the creative solo editing. :lol:

Yes :) Violins are the shit, especially in symphonic methul:D

:lol:!
you download so much stuff but you havent got any good daw?
I also love your extreme panning :D

Who said I download alot of stuff >_>

<_<

Anyways I use Vegas because i'm already familiar with it. It has all the effects and options I need for my editing. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Yes, extreme panning ftw, gotta create some space so you can hear the orchestra.

Oh and btw recommend me the coolest looking most professional DAW ever created by man

I love Protools but it's expensive as fuck (but I heard there is a cracked version for windows) and I dont like working with midi in Protools (but that's just me, I'm kinda used to Logic or ableton live when it comes to midi). But for recording of sound sources like guitar amps(mic) it's pretty cool.
But if you're used to Vegas stick to it. I switched to Logic from albeton live because I didnt like live's sound engine but if your recordings sound good and you like working with it there's nothing wrong with Vegas.
Like I said if I should recommend you software I would say:
Protools, Logic (I wont list Cubase because I never used it) or albeton live but like I said the sound engine sucks and it's meant to be some kind of djing software(that's why everyone laught at me when I told them I record guitars )with that daw but you get a great work flow with that
And if it just about the look:
Protools :D (and I heard reason has a badass look but I always thought that it was some ''amateurish'' shit).

I'm not a big fan of stuff like that but with some stereo imager plugins you can place the guitars and the orchestra in each's place without too much panning or you use phase cancellation to make room for the orchestra but whatever, you dont need that shit :lol:

^I think my mind jus asplode

But thanks, if I ever come to the point where Vegas just doesn't cut it anymore, i'll check it out.

But there's no way in hell i'm getting a Mac. Unless it's free.

Reason is strange, not amateur, its actually pretty good for synths and shit like that, my synth-friends love it. I prefer REAPER because Cubase was giving me massive headaches when i tried using it, really hated my soundcard(M-Audio 2496) for some unknown reason, no idea why.

I've only tried working on music on a Mac once, with protools, it managed to chew up a external sound card and blow up all its USB ports in the 45 minutes i spent trying to work on it :lol: Not the best impression, but millions of artists use it so they must be doing something right, lol.