Guitar Player's Thread

Isn't Reason some kind of a Revalver thing where you can add different effect,poweramp,preamp,stomp boxes, etc. units and do the wiring for yourself when you simple switch to the backside of your rack? I had borrowed Reason 8 or 9 years ago from a friend but can't remeber any recording options...
I haven't tried Protools or Logic because both are for Mac I think but when I compare all daws I ever used with each other I definitely would go for Adobe Audition because it's really easy to understand (not like Cubase), looks pretty cool (not like Sony Vegas) and you have nearly the same options you also have in Cubase and you can also do video rendering. And you won't have any problems with vst plugins like you (or just me) sometimes have with Reaper.

Isn't Reason some kind of a Revalver thing where you can add different effect,poweramp,preamp,stomp boxes, etc. units and do the wiring for yourself when you simple switch to the backside of your rack? I had borrowed Reason 8 or 9 years ago from a friend but can't remeber any recording options...
I haven't tried Protools or Logic because both are for Mac I think but when I compare all daws I ever used with each other I definitely would go for Adobe Audition because it's really easy to understand (not like Cubase), looks pretty cool (not like Sony Vegas) and you have nearly the same options you also have in Cubase and you can also do video rendering. And you won't have any problems with vst plugins like you (or just me) sometimes have with Reaper.

Reason is also like Revalver in its synth handling yes, but theres definitely recording options, i recall making some compositions using it and a midi keyboard a couple of years back, good times. Maybe they added the recording possibilities in a later version than the one you borrowed.

And i've never had problems with VST plugins in reaper :S

I have probelms with Revalver in Reaper. Whenever I try to load it, Reaper fucks up and shut down. Same with some bass vsts but this all happens since I have W7... No problems with adobe audition though...

Adobe audition is 185mb and when you have 2gig or more, you shouldn't have any problems. On the other hand I had big problems with Sony Vegas when I rendered my last Downfall video. I have 4 gig und W7 but Sony Vegas told me in the middle of the video that I should free some ram, otherwise problems could occur. My sidebar showed me 4017 of 4095mb in use.

I have probelms with Revalver in Reaper. Whenever I try to load it, Reaper fucks up and shut down. Same with some bass vsts but this all happens since I have W7... No problems with adobe audition though...

Do you have pirated Revalver? I hear other people with pirated Revalvers complain about the same thing. I have a hypothesis that it's got to do with that Revalver ships with Reaper as a promotional thing, maybe they coded to check if its pirated or something, making it crash.
I bought Revalver and I have no issue with it in Reaper.

Right now I use Garageband and at this point I pretty much hate it and can't stand using it anymore.

I'm not sure if I should go to Logic or Reason, though. Considering I work with a good amount of midi.

Adobe audition is 185mb and when you have 2gig or more, you shouldn't have any problems. On the other hand I had big problems with Sony Vegas when I rendered my last Downfall video. I have 4 gig und W7 but Sony Vegas told me in the middle of the video that I should free some ram, otherwise problems could occur. My sidebar showed me 4017 of 4095mb in use.

Then you must be doing something wrong :p

I have W7 and 4gb DDR2 ram and I have had no problems.

wat is an aux

It's a bus which sends the signal to wherever you want it to be send :D
For using fx like reverb you'll need them unless you're using the inserts (which is kinda *wrong* but works too but with limitations)

Do you have pirated Revalver? I hear other people with pirated Revalvers complain about the same thing. I have a hypothesis that it's got to do with that Revalver ships with Reaper as a promotional thing, maybe they coded to check if its pirated or something, making it crash.
I bought Revalver and I have no issue with it in Reaper.
I only have the free trial version of Reaper and the cracked version of Revalver MKIII. How should Reaper know if I use a bought or cracked version of Revalver. That's impossible.

Then you must be doing something wrong :p

I have W7 and 4gb DDR2 ram and I have had no problems.

Well, maybe it was because the complete amount of video size was to high. All videos for this song had a size of almost 3 gig and I used 100% video quality and 720p HD output resolution...

Well, maybe it was because the complete amount of video size was to high. All videos for this song had a size of almost 3 gig and I used 100% video quality and 720p HD output resolution...

Oh god wat 3 gigs

At worst I get like...a couple hundred megs.

What format did you use?

I only have the free trial version of Reaper and the cracked version of Revalver MKIII. How should Reaper know if I use a bought or cracked version of Revalver. That's impossible.

If you say so. Though its funny that seemingly all who have Revalver cracked can't use it in Reaper without it crashing :)

Never crashed for me, nor for anyone else i know who actually owns it.

Well, maybe it's a bad crack then but it has definitely nothing to do that Reaper could know in any way if this is a bought or cracked version because this is crack is for.

100% video quality and 720p HD output resolution...

Well, you may need a bit more ram to render DVD-quality video on you PC... Although the "why" of it is another question, a question I'm afraid to ask :p

Also, maybe stop using wmv since it's a pretty shitty format, and the filesize is too big. Try mpeg or mkv?

^.wmv isn't THAT shitty. I render my HD videos with it and it works out just fine :)

But I agree MPEG is indeed much better... only if I could find out how to render in HD.

It's shitty not cause it doesn't work, but cause the compression is terrible. You could get an .avi with an mpeg renderer of the same quality as a wmv at almost half the filesize. If you know how to do it anyway. I certainly am no expert at that though.

Has anyone heard of the band decrepit birth? I heard about them a few years back and invested in the album they had out then and hated it. But today my friends brought me their new album, and well...holy shit, this album is bomb, and they're writing a new album/recording one right now. Just wondering if anyone had tabs to the song Dimensions Intertwine, by said band, decrepit birth.