Guitar Player's Thread

Congrats man, fucking great!

son I am proud :kickass:
¨

Thanks man! :oops:

^^You better start doing coke now

No way, man :lol: I haven't even gotten drunk in 2 weeks which is quite a achievement :) IMABESTRAIGHTEDGE!

Congrats man! great news!
Thanks man! Yeah, It really got me pumped!

Great to hear Matias, congratulations on it and all the luck for the final! :kickass:
THank you, Jose! I will put all my energy out to entertain! :)

Not sure how I feel about this. If they're going to do a video compilation of Alexi style licks and try to make money off of it why don't they ACTUALLY get Alexi. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how I feel about this. If they're going to do a video compilation of Alexi style licks and try to make money off of it why don't they ACTUALLY get Alexi. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Of course it doesn't make sense. But fanbois are still gonna buy it cuz it sounds like alexi omg :erk:

Because they're simply trying to show the style that Alexi generally employs when writing solos. Which is much easier to do when you show that anyone can learn it. Instead of just getting the artist in question to do some solos.

Pretty simple concept to understand, hardly "doesn't make sense".

^Well it's ridiculous, why would people want to copy Alexi ? Fine, he can inspire you, he can be the reason why you started to play guitar or whatever, but you're not being original if you just take Alexi style licks and play them all over again...

Tell that to a fanboi. They will deny that they copy the style and just say they want to play with a touch of ALEXI in their music. To do it in a original way.

No need to deny, I used to be a total fanboi...some forumers might remember. I got over it somehow totally and changed musical taste. I no longer like to label music I listen to, neither restrict it...hell I don't even learn covers often! I write mostly own songs...last song I played was Nevermore's Heart Collector and some other Nevermore stuff :)

Regardless of all that, the guy teaching those lessons is an amazing guitarist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm selling my Jackson RR24 with replaced gold hardware and a J-90C pickup in it. Very Roope//Alexi like. Check out the add here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160425039756#ht_563wt_1165

I realize the picture is a few months older and shows a Dimarzio X2 pickup in it. If you have any questions let me know. I know a lot of you live in different countries, but if there is any serious inquiries let me know and I will let you know about shipping. For instance shipping to Norway for me is usually between 180-220 USD.

Also, the only thing I'm interested in trading for is a Gibson Explorer, preferably white or sunburst.

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg