Guitar Player's Thread

Sounds awesome dude! :D
Solo was kind of messy, but the sweeps were good and the ad-libbed hammer-ons were a cool touch.

Me and a couple of my friends love that song, it's in our a cappella repertoire :lol:

Mystique, did you ever have any luck with those two guitars you lost?

2 guitars and my yamaha bass, and nope. no luck so far :(. Went to all the local pawn shops and gave them flyers with the serial numbers on it, but no one has brought them in. They probably got sold somewhere out of LA. It fucking kills me every time I even look at a picture of my xiphos and realize I don't have it anymore.

Yeah, when I saw my Xiphos case missing from my room, that's exactly how I felt. I was in shock and disbelief; and then when it hit me, I just burst out in tears.
My house was robbed on March 16th. They took all my guitars, all the laptops in the house, my mom's jewelry, and all the cash we had hidden in certain places. I don't even care about the money and yeah, the laptop hurts cuz I had recordings and compositions on there that I can't ever recover again, but the most devastating part is the guitars. My xiphos seriously meant more to me than anything in this world. I spent more time with that guitar than with any friends for the past year. In case you guys happen to come across any red chameleon Xiphos being sold from California, could you please let me know? I'd want to check it out just in case. The serial number on it is 1070341042. And for my Ibanez Gio, the serial number is: 2853740. The Gio had a red body with a white pickguard, and there was little ding on the curve of the body.

pic of my xiphos:
Guitar037.jpg

It was stolen in its case, which you can to the left in this pic:
picobooamadeus.jpg

My Ibanez Gio:
Kittiesandguitar.jpg

This is like the most tragic thing I've ever experienced, and that's due to what I value in life.

Just as a precaution, you all should write down the serial numbers of your guitars right now.

Hey Twisha sorry to read about your stuff getting stolen. Its stuff like this that really makes me more angry than anything else (that, and people that abuse animals). Anyways, in situations like yours, the person who stole your stuff is someone that has some close connection to you. Try to think about acquaintances you've met through other friends.

For example, "Hey man, you know that girl plays guitar?"

"Yeah, I've seen her guitars. They look expensive. I bet I could make a buck off that!"

Someone obviously knows who you are, when you are gone, and where you keep your guitars. Its not like a random stranger did it. But yeah, sorry to hear that. I've had my bike stolen and my mother had cash and jewelry stolen, and in both times it was by someone who we knew. Do you have any guitars at all now?

SO, my question to you all is: what should I go for? (...) I was thinking something more like one of their recording software, like Riff Works. Does anyone have any experience with this? How do you like it? Or any other suggestions would be good too!

I have Riff Works, and I would say don't get it. It is just recording software with basic drum looping and a small library of samples. Its a nice little program to track small song ideas but not really meant for recording full length songs or projects. I went on the line 6 website and they don't offer too much else, so if you are getting it for free I say you might as well take it.

And about the line 6 not working on windows 7, try removing the drivers and reinstalling them (you have probably done this already). They might be outdated, but then again you said many people have the same problem.

^Fuck me you're right, i'll get right to it!

Oh and what's up with that pistol in the first pic?
I got that when I was like 17. Was really into guns back then, but all I could get was a BB-gun. The tip is really supposed to be orange, and it's illegal to paint it black so it looks like real gun. But I said fuck it, I'm making it look real.

I'm gonna continue to keep an eye out anyway. It seems like it would be smart to wait a while before trying to pawn them off so we may still have some kind of chance of coming across them.
Thank you very much. Means a lot to me, and yes, there's still hope.

Hey Twisha sorry to read about your stuff getting stolen. Its stuff like this that really makes me more angry than anything else (that, and people that abuse animals). Anyways, in situations like yours, the person who stole your stuff is someone that has some close connection to you. Try to think about acquaintances you've met through other friends.

For example, "Hey man, you know that girl plays guitar?"

"Yeah, I've seen her guitars. They look expensive. I bet I could make a buck off that!"

Someone obviously knows who you are, when you are gone, and where you keep your guitars. Its not like a random stranger did it. But yeah, sorry to hear that. I've had my bike stolen and my mother had cash and jewelry stolen, and in both times it was by someone who we knew. Do you have any guitars at all now?
See, the funny thing is, I haven't had friends over in a very long time. And most of my friends are not into guitars at all. They're girly-girls that like to party all the time and go shopping, ha. And my few guy friends that DO also play guitars would never do such a thing because they're serious players and they know how much it hurts. In fact, they're the ones who have let me borrow their guitars in the mean time so I can keep practicing. And it makes me feel good to know that I have friends like that.
But you're right about someone watching the house. Now that I'm done with school, I'm always home, and that one day I had to go for a dentist appointment, this happens. Someone's definitely scoping out the neighborhood cuz just last week, same thing happened down the street from us. Same day of the week, same time.

I have Riff Works, and I would say don't get it. It is just recording software with basic drum looping and a small library of samples. Its a nice little program to track small song ideas but not really meant for recording full length songs or projects. I went on the line 6 website and they don't offer too much else, so if you are getting it for free I say you might as well take it.

And about the line 6 not working on windows 7, try removing the drivers and reinstalling them (you have probably done this already). They might be outdated, but then again you said many people have the same problem.
Thanks for the advice :) I'm thinking though, that maybe I can ask for a small amp or something? haha. We'll see how much they are willing to offer.

And yeah, I tried the uninstalling and re-installing thing. No luck. But I am kinda excited to go to their headquarters and see how everything works over there.

Sounds awesome dude! :D
Solo was kind of messy, but the sweeps were good and the ad-libbed hammer-ons were a cool touch.

Me and a couple of my friends love that song, it's in our a cappella repertoire :lol:

Thanks! The solo is just about all I could do to try and put some wah to it. I could aswell have recorded it straight, but I wanted to have wah going on. Extra hammer ons popped out by error but liked them and started playing them in all takes :lol:

See, the funny thing is, I haven't had friends over in a very long time. And most of my friends are not into guitars at all. They're girly-girls that like to party all the time and go shopping, ha. And my few guy friends that DO also play guitars would never do such a thing because they're serious players and they know how much it hurts. In fact, they're the ones who have let me borrow their guitars in the mean time so I can keep practicing. And it makes me feel good to know that I have friends like that.
But you're right about someone watching the house. Now that I'm done with school, I'm always home, and that one day I had to go for a dentist appointment, this happens. Someone's definitely scoping out the neighborhood cuz just last week, same thing happened down the street from us. Same day of the week, same time.

I feel sorry for your loss, This must be one of the hardest situations a musician can go through. The guy who did this deserves to have his balls bit off by a bear

Hi guys, I know Bullet For My Valentine is pretty much hated all around here, but if you would be so kind to check my Scream, Aim, Fire cover it'd be great. Spoilers: the wah sounds shit because it's PODFarm wah and I can't tweak it while playing, but still gets a nice effect I think. Bass has been recorded by me too. No effects added to guitars, just what comes straight from PODFarm.

LINK!

The tone is really good but I don't like the drums and you should work on your palm mute technique to make it sound cleaner

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the tone as it's straight POD Farm. I'll work on palm muting then. Drums it's AD drums but I didn't put any compression or anything on them (besides the one I put in AD) in order for it to sound a bit more natural (all the natural it can sound beeing digital :lol:).

YES! FUCKING YES!

My band participated in the battle of the bands in our nearest city at this live music club. It had 2 heats on 2 separate days. 12 bands would attend and 6 go to the finals. Only 5 showed up today so the rules got changed and only 2 got to the finals and one of em was my band.

Went in for some feedback and critics from the jury after the show and we got praised and it felt all awkward. "you were the best goddamn thing today, it was incredible". They were all songwriters and not that into metal or whatever so i feel REALLY honoured :D Next Friday we are playing in the final :)

Getting stuff like "you sounded professional, interesting yet simple" just feels REALLY good. This doesn't make me on a high horse or arrogant, I just feel fucking honoured and like i have accomplished something!