Guitar Player's Thread

But even if you don't put the rythm guitars with leads in louder you still can hear it cleraly if you get a good balance imho. And for the solos you don't have to put them too loud, just by centering them and giving them a little bit more volume than the rythms you get them clear and over the rest but still keeping the rest audible. About mini-leads and such I find the best way to do so (and except some parts what it's done in the studio most of the times, at least in rock/metal) is record that lead/melody on a separate track and pan it and raise the volume of that specific part, but not the whole rythm track. But that's me.

Mmh... Then we have a different opinion. It works great for me and sounds definitely better than the usual way.

People were going nuts, we ended with an original power ballad called "raped by a dragon" and then went into Don't Stop Believing and the whole bar was dancing and singing it was fucking ridiculous

Well, someone had fun making names for songs :lol: I wanna hear it now, so waiting for the vid.

oh my god that show was the most fun I've ever played.

People were going nuts, we ended with an original power ballad called "raped by a dragon" and then went into Don't Stop Believing and the whole bar was dancing and singing it was fucking ridiculous

I think im deaf now,

Video to come sooon

fucking epic shit
do want video
:kickass::kickass:

Just back from the gig. Couldn't finish our set, cause the drummer blew a fist-sized hole in the base drum pad. :lol: Kind of sad, since the last song was supposed to be a Downfall cover, and the crowd was really going, but it was lots of fun nevertheless. The afterparty involved drunken pool, a bar/club with shitty music and a bunch of random guys who decided to strip to their boxers on the dancing stage and hug. Fucking bizarre :lol:

Do a google blog search for "periphery" and there's a bunch of blogs with rapidshare or medifire download links

And I agree, its REALLY good. I had a 2 hour drive today and I listened to it twice it was excellent. Probably the best metal album I've heard in a long time! Jeff Loomis has a solo on the last track too its epix

We are doing drum tracking for the Exit Existence EP tomorrow.

Got everything set up today, its sounding pretty damn heavy. Toms are being a pain in the buttox but ive got tomorrow morning to fidget with them

25464_573099801683_44205939_33569206_474256_n.jpg

Nevermore's new guitarist!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hellbounder86

How cool, he basically posted videos of him on the forum and Warrel gave him a shot and let him tour with his solo band. Now he is the new back up guitar for Nevermore.

I was also one of his first subscribers on youtube, so I can say I have been rooting for him since the beginning :lol:

(I am so glad they didn't go back to Chris Broderick).

Nevermore's new guitarist!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hellbounder86

How cool, he basically posted videos of him on the forum and Warrel gave him a shot and let him tour with his solo band. Now he is the new back up guitar for Nevermore.

I was also one of his first subscribers on youtube, so I can say I have been rooting for him since the beginning :lol:

(I am so glad they didn't go back to Chris Broderick).

1. that is awesome.
2. What's wrong with broderick? He's my guitar god :D

Preview of the new Nevermore album? Yes please.

I love Peter Wichers' production. I think it suits Nevermore's sound really well.

Last edited by a moderator: