Guitar Player's Thread

I thought Cynic were a tech death metal band...???

No.

I know that they changed their sound to progressive metal a while back, but this is a bit weird :lol:

No.

They've always been a prog band, with jazz and death influences. Paul Masvidal (the guitarist and vocalist) and Sean Reinhart (the drummer) also played on the Death album, "Human". Which came out in '91, and the first Cynic album, "Focus", came out in '93.

They have that and the new album, Traced in Air, which is very similar but more mellow and less death-y.

The song I posted, and the one I'm about to, are from a new EP they did called "Re-Traced", where they have reworked and re-imagined versions of some songs off of Traced in Air, plus a new song.

Anyway, here's the original version of the song you just heard.

And here's another Re-Traced song, Space (based off Space for This from TiA).

And if you want the original, it's here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's me with my guitar. I've had it for like 3 years, so it's old news, but yep.

31392_1380425644160_1637493405_8930.jpg

I'm ready to throw it like a javelin lately though

Excuse me being borderline ethiopain.

It looks like you could be on a boat

It was an RV actually lol..

:edit:

Also, just finished correcting a tab I found of Maddening Disdain to the best of my ability after watching alot of live videos and listening to the song to the point of aggrevation... Probably still not perfect, but if some of our master tabbers here would take a look and review it I would greatly appreciate it. :]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KLRJRVI

I was just thinking...man that looks like an RV Camper.

Where in Florida you at? I'm in Orlando.

And don't throw that guitar.........if you ever decide you want to sell that please let me know. It would look great next to my RR24M.

You're a "Pro Guitarist", you should know how to do it ;)

I think so, I couldn't really tell what it was. When I saw your post I went to google last night and his guitar appeared to still be on the washburn website, but there is next to nowhere that sells it now. He needs to get a nice Jackson like Nick imo.:loco:

well if you go to http://www.washburn.com/instruments/electrics/ you might shit your bricks :D

No.

No.

They've always been a prog band, with jazz and death influences. Paul Masvidal (the guitarist and vocalist) and Sean Reinhart (the drummer) also played on the Death album, "Human". Which came out in '91, and the first Cynic album, "Focus", came out in '93.

They have that and the new album, Traced in Air, which is very similar but more mellow and less death-y.

I know. My opinion was that they used to be be progressive death and then just became pure prog.

Fuuuuuu you guys give me GAS for a rhoads so bad. Sometimes I feel like Im the only one here without a v lol

and TheKid doesn't count because explorers are fucking mad awesome too

I'm saving up for black rr24m :D How's the bitch playin' ?

Well it's not setup as well as my black rr but it rips. I'm digging the emg 81. But the Floyd knock off is gay. The maple board is cool but dull with smaller then usual inlays.

I'm repaiting it soon with all new hardware.

It's acoustically louder then my black one tho

I'm buying a 10 space, badass wireless and that emg alx. I need that pre amp since lowberg sucked me but didn't let me get off or stick it in his ass.

Touringggggg

What's creepy about that? It's not like Pink Floyd are some bizarre underground band.

Did I say they were? It's not like it's a widespread trend to hang two guitars from wall hooks in front of a Pink Floyd - The Wall poster. Fine, maybe I should have just said "coincidence" then. Fuck, good job being a dick.

Ey yo Necro, why do you buy the same guitar two times ?
Im just interested :D

And Swabs, whats that guitar on the left ?
Esp Horizon ? Looks cool man.

I have to say I just bought two guitars from Rondomusic.
Im already full on metal axes (just gonna get an Agile 7-String like late summer when they`ll ship) so I went with that green neon strat with coiltap and a Harm1 w. Mini hums and Bigsby just for the FUCKING AWESOME.
No srsly, I need that stuff for my Punk band and blues adventures, Im so eager, never bought two guitars at the same time :D

I also need to say that I was really close to selling my Gp1000 cause it sucked compared to my engl pre, but its got such nice punk sounds with an OD up front :D

Ey yo Necro, why do you buy the same guitar two times ?
Im just interested :D

I know a guy in England who has 3 xiphoses (all 6 string, same specs). He uses them as back up guitars for playing live. some people just love a certain guitar so much, they'd rather have the same exact one for a backup.

true, if there werent so much other guitars I would like to have I would buy a secound Mustang from another date (60-70ies) or another ES-335 with a different colour :D