Guitar Player's Thread

Hi guys, I've always wanted to learn to play guitar so I've decided to finally get myself one, I want something that will last me a while rather than something cheap which I will have to replace, currently looking at this IBANEZ GRG170DXLBKN LEFTHAND and LINE6 SPIDER IV 15 OR I could save some more and get the IBANEZ RG370DXLBK LEFTHAND, what do you guys suggest, would a newbie player be able to notice the difference in either of the guitars?
Thanks

Try a lot of guitars, but I think you should pay more money to get a decent first amp than guitar. Any 100$ guitar would do the trick, but try to get a 15 or 30 watt peavey for the amp. You'll notice the difference in the sound. Line 6 have good tones but they take ages to sound like you want them to sound. With Peavey you can just sit in front of your amp, randomly turn the knobs and it will sound good right away. I don't recommend marshall practice amps, they don't sound that good. Stay away from modelling since this is your first amp. Try looking for a Peavey Solo or Rage 258.

Try a lot of guitars, but I think you should pay more money to get a decent first amp than guitar. Any 100$ guitar would do the trick, but try to get a 15 or 30 watt peavey for the amp. You'll notice the difference in the sound. Line 6 have good tones but they take ages to sound like you want them to sound. With Peavey you can just sit in front of your amp, randomly turn the knobs and it will sound good right away. I don't recommend marshall practice amps, they don't sound that good. Stay away from modelling since this is your first amp. Try looking for a Peavey Solo or Rage 258.

Roland Micro Cube is an excellent first amp.

>implying Thomann is a random site that has a bad rep/no-one uses

>implying that a normal hardshell case wouldn't do the trick

>implying anyone here cares when you ask stupid questions, can't read google results and behave like a cock

I don't even care what you're arguing about, but ffs stop with the fucking green fonts. No one gives a fuck what they're "implying"

FUCKING FORUM TRENDS -BOOM!!!

K, I'm done.:Smug:

Who the fuck said negative shit about Thomann? Come over here and i'll kick yer arse :mad: Thomann is fucking GOD TIER.

Also great prog, take a listen you fag:

Last edited by a moderator:
yessssssss

And also, while I agree with what was said about it being more worthwhile to buy a good amp than a guitar to start with, you don't want to try and learn on some unplayable piece of shit. You should probably ask someone with more experience what they think of anything you're considering buying - not over the internet, like have someone look at/play the exact instrument you will be buying.

Inside Four Walls, as I promised!

spoton.gif

Awesome!

...and I'm not pissing in your pocket when I say that.

Are you playing in any bands?

s

Yo guys! Updating for anyone interested lol

Just did a 7 hour session at a real studio. 2 songs recorded, míxing and mastering left. The entire recording process was 100 percent analog(I hope im not lying lol, snowy will probably like that analog part). Everything is real, it will be mixed analog style too because we found that sound to be dramatically the best. I was actually wondering about retiring my randall for some other head but now trying it out with a different cab(peavey) i found the sound was really really really good.

I will soon have my live rig in check, going to buy some pedalpower stuff and i have a MXR Smart gate on the way ;)

Cheers!

Songs will be up later next week. We will record rest of the stuff with same producer as he was fucking ace and nice to work with!!!

This material cannot even be put on the same page as the previous stuff on myspace, they are total bullshit 100% compared to these new songs IMO.