Guitar Player's Thread

<3

I like that song too. One of my (many) favourites off Warrel's album.

Awesome!

...and I'm not pissing in your pocket when I say that.

Are you playing in any bands?

Thanks! And no, I am not in any bands. I am the typical bed-room guitarist. Now would be as good as time as any to join a band, but I don't have any friends :lol: I am kinda kidding, my friend moved out of state last year (who was a really gifted guitarist) and we had a 'band' going. We played two live shows and I still have lots of unrecorded material. My other buddies aren't into playing instruments, so I have no one to play hard rock/metal with. Bands are too much work :zzz:

Just did a 7 hour session at a real studio.

Post clips when they are done!

face of melinda
Good choice man, I'm the only one amongst my Opeth fan friends who thinks that song essentially represents the band the best.

Good choice. You could have gone with any song off of Still Life, that album is near flawless.

Sometimes I think I have musical bipolarity :lol: One second I am listening to shred and fast guitars, next I am totally in the mood for calm and atmospheric music. So it is only natural I like Opeth.

Now would be as good as time as any to join a band, but I don't have any friends :lol:

You're more than ready and my advice to any guitarist of any level is to get in any band you can handle, asap if you want to improve your playing. When you learn new songs and have goals you put in more energy and your learning and skill increases exponentially as opposed to bedroom playing.

As for friends, I've actually made some great friends with people I didn't know through being in bands.

Bands are too much work

Totally, and that's apart from the day in day out.

The band I'm in now has gone through many line up changes, my previous band was the same, many bands that have lasted the distance tend to do so, other stuff just gets in the way and people move on.

You could have gone with any song off of Still Life, that album is near flawless.

I'm surprised at how many Opeth fans don't like that album, I'd rate it as my favourite.

The intro to Benighted is killer.

As for favourite song of theirs, Demon of the Fall is the one that gets me for raw energy.

s

Can't wait to hear it man, glad its working out :D

Yeah, finally! The studio is not gonna be exactly cheap though but cheaper than most. Also, when it's working out I don't see why not :)

Post clips when they are done!

I sure will!

So you're recording to tape and not to HD? :Spin::Spin:
Indeed. I think it was a Tascam MS-16...16 track analog tape recorder with 1" tape. Sounded really awesome!

I had no idea the difference in digital and analog was THAT big. Analog sure has a superior sound "off-the-shelf". Very different though, each to his own style...

EDIT: Checked the site and it said
TASCAM MS-16+dbx noise reduction
(analog 16 TR 1&#8221;)
Quite good guess lol

:lol:

There are all sorts of toys there.

We were given the choice of analog or digital or analog to digital(after the recording).

We wanted to do it the good ol' way. Was easiest and best IMO :) Will be probably something like 200 euro per person later on when we go finish up the tracks left for the entire album (we are 4 head band).

I am glad we won the band competition, would never have found out this studio is so awesome if we had not :D

We wanted to do it the good ol' way. Was easiest and best IMO :)

Best? IMO yes, kinda soundwise. I'm an analog fag. Easiest?
No way. Cutting regions vs. cutting tapes? :lol:
when working with your session on your Computer, you will be much faster and many routine stuff is so much easier when you do it with your digital recordings.and fuck yeah, what about backups?
Whats easier about analog recording?
And.. analog to digital = tape recordings converted to HD or just recorded through an analog console to HD?

I've just discovered a cover version of Dungeon's 'Slave of Love' done by Angels - an all girl band from Croatia.

Very cheesey but I think a few here might dig the guitar solos - done by Lord Tim (Dungeon)

I played on the original track - I'm sure you'd rather watch these girls play it.

s

Last edited by a moderator: