Guitar Player's Thread

Best? IMO yes, kinda soundwise. I'm an analog fag. Easiest?
No way. Cutting regions vs. cutting tapes? :lol:
when working with your session on your Computer, you will be much faster and many routine stuff is so much easier when you do it with your digital recordings.and fuck yeah, what about backups?
Whats easier about analog recording?
And.. analog to digital = tape recordings converted to HD or just recorded through an analog console to HD?

I experienced it was easier for the band, but since its not us editing and cutting I shouldn't say anything :lol: I actually don't know so much about all that, It was the producers opinion we should do it fully analog.

It will NOT be transferred to a HD. He said the sound might change because when you do that it gets a bit compressed or so and the sound might change and small mistakes not audible on tape will become audible plus he prefers to do tape mixing. He says he is used to sitting at a mixer table doing the stuff manually :D

Analog to digital I meant that the tapes are transferred to a HD. Which we won't do.

Soundwise the present recordings are IMO incredibly much better than the digital we've done in the past!!

they have awesome tone, PG uses them, if i was to get an amp id get either Marshall, Randall or Laney

I experienced it was easier for the band, but since its not us editing and cutting I shouldn't say anything :lol: I actually don't know so much about all that, It was the producers opinion we should do it fully analog.

It will NOT be transferred to a HD. He said the sound might change because when you do that it gets a bit compressed or so and the sound might change and small mistakes not audible on tape will become audible plus he prefers to do tape mixing. He says he is used to sitting at a mixer table doing the stuff manually :D

Analog to digital I meant that the tapes are transferred to a HD. Which we won't do.

Soundwise the present recordings are IMO incredibly much better than the digital we've done in the past!!

Alright, that's really cool IMO.

I still dont get it why you find it easier as a band but I'm glad you enjoyed your sessions :D

When I get back from traveling I'm going to start writing for my one man band, it's going to be a sickening mix of pensees nocturnes, sigh, septicflesh etc. very very dark but with a big brass section to bring in some jazz influences. also it'll have the mise-en-scene of jean pierre jeunet films (city of the lost children, delicatessen), the godfaather and also from video games like timesplitters 2, i always really loved that game and soundtrack. it's gonna be weird but that's what i envision but i have no idea how it's going to come out :lol:

Of course not:
amelie.jpg

I bet Snowy dislikes this movie! And will soon tell us about it

Of course not:
amelie.jpg

I bet Snowy dislikes this movie! And will soon tell us about it

I fucking hate that movie!!

:tickled:

nah, never seen it, though my mother and my bro really dislike it :D
But why do you think I dont like it?

I fucking hate that movie!!

nah, never seen it, though my mother and my bro really dislike it :D
But why do you think I dont like it?

I really was expecting a rant about how it is a dumb movie without story and an about annoying woman. And that only dumb pseudo indie girls fall in love with it.

Well, I can't really justify me expectation - I can try. There are many girls as described above who like this movie and you seem to hate this kind of girls ;).

BUT: WATCH IT!