Guitar Player's Thread

Have you guys checked out the Ibanez Destroyers? They look very similar to an Explorer, but more bad ass IMO.

I have a red Ibanez Destroyer II, the original 80's model a la Iron Maiden. It's quite a bulky guitar, pretty heavy on the shoulder and I haven't played it much after I got my Jackson Kelly (KE3) - much better IMO. The Kelly neck I feel is slightly faster.

As for shred you can have your preferences but it does depend on the guitarist, I've seen one particular guitarist shred right out on his Les Paul and look at Yngwie's work on a Fender - their necks are quite clubby.

s

Yo COBOT, Christmas is coming, lots of free time and all, should we try a forum jam? Ensi went bananas and suggested a Christmas COBOT album, but those of us that contribute know what happened last time around, so instead of that why don't we go with a jam which is fun also and not as complicated?

I used to feel the same way, but lately my standards for guitar beauty have been broadening to accept more shapes and sizes. And plus, more body = different tone, so I think it'd be a nice variety to have :cool:

:lol: it's not a matter of "Jackson is best fuck the rest", I like other things also, e.g. whenever I have money my ideal guitar "team" is my RR (not going anywhere), an Ibanez SZ, an Ovation acoustic, an Ibanez RG770 and a Stratocaster, but I just can't get to liking Gibsons, they seem so ugly and bulky to me. And the tone thing, have you tried an Ibanez S series? Those things are paper-like but sound tremendously.

Yo COBOT, Christmas is coming, lots of free time and all, should we try a forum jam? Ensi went bananas and suggested a Christmas COBOT album, but those of us that contribute know what happened last time around, so instead of that why don't we go with a jam which is fun also and not as complicated?

Holy shit I was thinking this but completely forgot to open the forum and post the question. I don't think it'd be done for Xmas but I definitely think a jam is in order, alot of new posters here since the last one.

Yo COBOT, Christmas is coming, lots of free time and all, should we try a forum jam? Ensi went bananas and suggested a Christmas COBOT album, but those of us that contribute know what happened last time around,

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but whether or not anyone else does I'm gonna submit something for Christmas... even if it ends up being Eveningninja's Debut Single :lol:

I'm a pretty big fan of inlay-less fretboards these days. Either that or just standard white dots (on most guitars). Also, I'm not a huge fan of floyd rose bridges these days :lol: Usually when I see a cool-looking guitar it's ruined by the fact that it's not a fixed bridge. Both appearance-wise and practicality-wise (if it were to be mine).

Also just for the record, when my band's full length album comes out next year don't blame me for having a very similar color scheme to the new bodom album's artwork :lol:

Its almost exactly the same yellow-greenish type thing, :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ADOBE AUDITION MONITORING

Ok guys, question to all of you who use adobe audition. How can I use vst's in monitoring mode? What I mean is, I want the direct tone from a vst (not standalone)- like Revalver. I know how it works in Reaper but have no clue what to do in adobe audition.

In Reaper you have to create a new track, click on this little speaker symbol in the left corner of your track, click on the record symbol and click on the fx symbol to chose your vst. Then you have the direct tone from your vst.

Do it! :D well unless you're really low on money :rofl: I know I'd do it :p

Btw - got myself an Agile AL-3100 - just needed a Les guitar for maximum tone, and I've got to tell ya, after switching the pickups, slapping on some DR pure blues 11's - thru my Lee Jackson XLS-500 at a low gain setting, it just kills!

Countless hours of watching Todd Duane kinda payed off - he has the exact right combo - LP, nickel 11's, hot rodded Marshall=TONE!

Gotta record it some day :D damn it sounds good! Plays good too, didn't even need a fret leveling or anything like I expected!
Stock pickups aint that good tho - replaced with some Stan Hinesley's \m/

Need to take pictures too :D damn it's hot :D

I bought this one if anyone would like to know (;

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2531.html

Agile FTW! Plays just as good as a lot of the high end guitars I've played, sounds a million times better (I am now a dedicated "big mahogany guitar fan" - especially LP's :p)

Agiles do rock.

I had a 7 string Interceptor pro and I fucking loved it, esecially for the price. Did get rid of it though. Just couldn't get used to 7 strings. Always was throwing me off.

Fuck, i've wanted an Agile since liek forever

Who can not love this shit:

pendulumpro72527flatblack1.jpg
pendulumpro72527flatblack3.jpg
pendulumpro72527flatblack4.jpg

pendulumpro72527flatblack5.jpg