Guitar Player's Thread

I recently bought a Bugera 6262.
Into V30's it seriously sounded fucking awesome, very close to 6505, like Whitechapels new record on low tuning.
I have always been someone that really liked how Bugeras sounded good and where cheap, until the thing broke down a weak after I bought it.
At first I was like "WTF !?!?!" because it was really just funny, I had been watching these YT guys who's heads had worked perfectly before and I always laughed at the "Bugeras are unreliable" people.
But its really true.
The corrency converter broke down, overloaded two of the 6l6's and destroyed the thing withing seconds.
I had seen YT videos of this but I always thought it was just the early models.
I then called the thomann support (very nice) and they where like "all right, were gonna take it back".
They suggested me to call the guitar section for further info on the amp and its reliability, because I was thinking about if I should exchange it or get my money back.
The guitar section guy was a REAL douchebag, constantly accusing me of using the amp without a speaker thus blowing the tubes, and trying to tell me how bad chinese made products where and how I should never buy any Bugera again.
As if I didn't know that ... :Smug:

Yeah, Agiles are the fucking opposite of Bugera, they work great and are fucking awesome.
I got a Honet Pro 7 string and a Harm and I love em.

Sucks about your Bugera.

Those 6262 and a few others have had some real serious QC issues....main reason I didn't get one.

My Bugera V22 has been perfect since I got it. Been over a year now. Love it, though not as brutal as the 6262. Have you seen the new Tri Rec they have? On paper it seems to be a monster of an amp, but again, who knows how the QC on them are.

What do you plan on getting to replace it?

ADOBE AUDITION MONITORING

Ok guys, question to all of you who use adobe audition. How can I use vst's in monitoring mode? What I mean is, I want the direct tone from a vst (not standalone)- like Revalver. I know how it works in Reaper but have no clue what to do in adobe audition.

In Reaper you have to create a new track, click on this little speaker symbol in the left corner of your track, click on the record symbol and click on the fx symbol to chose your vst. Then you have the direct tone from your vst.

I don't use A.A. much myself, but I recall that there is the usual monitoring feature. It should technically work in a similar way to Reaper, but I don't really know. Google?

pics or it didnt happen.

no but srsly i wanna see it and get my agile gas on

So, here r my Agile Custom 7-string Reaper. Normally it'd cost about $1000 (I think?) for one of these customs, but this was a returned B-stock. The original owner didn't request the input jack in that location, so he got a refund. I wouldn't have wanted the jack in that location myself, but it's not a huge deal nonetheless. I paid $500 shipped with a case, so I'm pretty satisfied.

Ash body, 24 frets, Ebony fingerboard, string-thru body, set neck. The neck is really smooth and secksy, it is probably my favorite neck of all my guitars, although my LTD 600 has a really nice and smooth satin-coated neck which I've always loved.

IMG_7525.jpg

IMG_7523.jpg

reaperback.jpg

And joined by the others in the RR family:

IMG_7513.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7511.jpg

I recently bought a Bugera 6262.
Into V30's it seriously sounded fucking awesome, very close to 6505, like Whitechapels new record on low tuning.
I have always been someone that really liked how Bugeras sounded good and where cheap, until the thing broke down a weak after I bought it.
At first I was like "WTF !?!?!" because it was really just funny, I had been watching these YT guys who's heads had worked perfectly before and I always laughed at the "Bugeras are unreliable" people.
But its really true.
The corrency converter broke down, overloaded two of the 6l6's and destroyed the thing withing seconds.
I had seen YT videos of this but I always thought it was just the early models.
I then called the thomann support (very nice) and they where like "all right, were gonna take it back".
They suggested me to call the guitar section for further info on the amp and its reliability, because I was thinking about if I should exchange it or get my money back.
The guitar section guy was a REAL douchebag, constantly accusing me of using the amp without a speaker thus blowing the tubes, and trying to tell me how bad chinese made products where and how I should never buy any Bugera again.
As if I didn't know that ... :Smug:

Yeah, Agiles are the fucking opposite of Bugera, they work great and are fucking awesome.
I got a Honet Pro 7 string and a Harm and I love em.

yeap, my 6262 decided one day that it didn't feel like being an amp anymore and just turned off. Returned it and spent a couple more hundred on a 5150 II head, best decision of my life.

eveningninja, that is one sick guitar. Okay more guitarpr0n:

There is this little shop about an hour away from me that only sells vintage guitars, this caught my eye on their website
1984 kramer vanguard
84KramerVanguardWhite.jpg

they are selling it for $795. Kind of pricey but still a cool guitar!

On another note, im pretty sure Im going to buy that used LTD Roope I was talking about, mint condition for $450 with a hardcase, fucking deal

Yeah, im meeting the dude next week sometime to give it a while.

Also, in the search for some new metal to listen to, I found this band
Kind of got a bodomy thing going on, with more electronic/technoey keyboards and eeepic vocals

Thought some of you guys might dig it.
They call their genre "cyber metal" lol but i guess its fitting

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Meh, a bit too much pop-melodeath in there. Also, the keys sound annoying.

If you like that kind of style though, I'd recommend this band to you:

A bit more heavy, but still pretty melodic and with technoey keys. Checked them out after seeing them as a support act and wishing they got more stage time. They've got a full album and an EP. Pretty fucking groovy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually agree with Derpsicle. The vocals sound a lot like Shagrath's as well, and at 02:24 there's even that vocal thingie Shagrath often does.
I do like the song though =)

^ Meh, a bit too much pop-melodeath in there. Also, the keys sound annoying.

If you like that kind of style though, I'd recommend this band to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i6i3jPYAtM

A bit more heavy, but still pretty melodic and with technoey keys. Checked them out after seeing them as a support act and wishing they got more stage time. They've got a full album and an EP. Pretty fucking groovy.

Oh fuck yes !!! Another band from Latvia gains new fans ! Theese guys are crazy motherfuckers live ! They have realy thight live sound.

I actually agree with Derpsicle. The vocals sound a lot like Shagrath's as well, and at 02:24 there's even that vocal thingie Shagrath often does.
I do like the song though =)

Maybe. I've never been a Borgir fan so I wouldn't notice little things like that.

Oh fuck yes !!! Another band from Latvia gains new fans ! Theese guys are crazy motherfuckers live ! Realy realy thight live sound.

No kidding. They pretty much sound as good live as on record, and that's rare among bands these days...