Kahn leaves Kamelot
Mike Portnoy leaves dream theater
Matt Barlow leaves iced earth
KK Downing leaves Judas Priest

Whos next?

Correction:

"15k for an ugly piece of shit???"

At least that one looks nice and will most likely sound nice too, PRS's are amazing.

Listened to it about 10 times. Are you really not kidding us and just put the song itself there? Dude it sounds like it's just the album version :ill:

Sad to know, wonder what he'll do now...

opinionz

Jeff Loomis leaves nevermore
Kahn leaves Kamelot
Mike Portnoy leaves dream theater
KK Downing leaves Judas Priest

Whos next?

your mama leaves your papa

hey guys!

i just watched this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqqzk9LgJ8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

i already knew the amp (blackstar ht1) but i didnt know the amp was good for metal! it seems that it is!

what do you guys think of it? is it worth to buy it for home practising only to play metal?

and btw do u think its worth to spend more 30e to come with reverb?

you know that members nickname?

yes,

Ok, so I pulled the trigger on the Blackstar HT-20H this weekend. Should get it sometime this week. If it arrives in good shape and I can play it I will try to do a little review on it, for anyone who is interested.

If I am feeling real motivated I will also try to post some pics of it....not that those really matter.

do u think its worth to spend more 30e to come with reverb?

Take a listen to what the reverb sounds like. A lot of people prefer getting reverb from a pedal to inbuilt amp reverb so no point spending extra if that's the case.

I had a Marshall valvestate and the reverb tank had tiny wires to the springs and they're so weak after continuous vibration they just snap.

s

Ok, I am the guy who just got his HT-20H.

Was going to wait till I had more time with it to give a review but here are my first impressions.

Clean channel - It's clean. Volume control & single tone control. Don't use this channel very often, but it sounds good, and that 1 tone knob can really change the tone for that channel.

Overdrive channel - This, IMO, is what you would buy this amp for. It has, IMO, lots of gain. I mean its no Triple Rectifier but it has more than enough gain for my tastes. I only turn gain up 3/4 of the way. For 20 watts this amp is loud! 2-EL34 power tubes w/ 2 12ax7 pre-amp tubes. This is were the debate comes into play. How are there only 2 pre amp tubes if this is an all tube amp with as much gain as it has? If 1 pre tube is for clean channel, and 1 for gain channel, where is the phase inverter tube? And how can so much gain be generated by 1 12ax7 tube? So, I believe there is some sort of diode clipping going on in the circuit somewhere. There has to be. I don't think it's a bad thing as I really like the tone either way.

The voice of this amp is very dark. Not nearly as bright as my Bugera is. Then again it still has its stock tubes in it. I bet once I swap the preamp tubes with JJ's it will have even more gain, and prob be a little brighter. I really like the ISF knob on the amp. Some say it is basically a presence control. I disagree. It really changes the tone from a British voice to an American voice. It changes the whole eq curve of the amp, so once you change the ISF, you can re-eq the amp as the whole tone curve has changed.

Some other cool features I noticed it has. The f/x loop in the back has a button you can push in for using pedals(-6db I believe) or leave it out for rack equipment(+10db I believe), also there is a simulated out, so you can record right to your computer with it. Ohm selection for different cabs.

The only odd thing I noticed about this amp is that it doesn't have a standby switch. Not really a big deal, but I am just used to there being one on tube amps. I guess it was one way they cut costs.

So far I am very happy with the amp. Been playing the shit out of it since Friday when I got it. I run my 10 band eq in the loop which really seemed to open this amp up. I also use my TS9 in front as a boost. Just helps to tighten everything up, plus I like how it adds to the tone.

Like I said, I wouldn't normally do a review this soon, but so far I am glad I ordered it. Plus it just looks sexy sitting on my 4x12 in my room.:kickass:

Ok, I am the guy who just got his HT-20H.

Was going to wait till I had more time with it to give a review but here are my first impressions.

Clean channel - It's clean. Volume control & single tone control. Don't use this channel very often, but it sounds good, and that 1 tone knob can really change the tone for that channel.

Overdrive channel - This, IMO, is what you would buy this amp for. It has, IMO, lots of gain. I mean its no Triple Rectifier but it has more than enough gain for my tastes. I only turn gain up 3/4 of the way. For 20 watts this amp is loud! 2-EL34 power tubes w/ 2 12ax7 pre-amp tubes. This is were the debate comes into play. How are there only 2 pre amp tubes if this is an all tube amp with as much gain as it has? If 1 pre tube is for clean channel, and 1 for gain channel, where is the phase inverter tube? And how can so much gain be generated by 1 12ax7 tube? So, I believe there is some sort of diode clipping going on in the circuit somewhere. There has to be. I don't think it's a bad thing as I really like the tone either way.

The voice of this amp is very dark. Not nearly as bright as my Bugera is. Then again it still has its stock tubes in it. I bet once I swap the preamp tubes with JJ's it will have even more gain, and prob be a little brighter. I really like the ISF knob on the amp. Some say it is basically a presence control. I disagree. It really changes the tone from a British voice to an American voice. It changes the whole eq curve of the amp, so once you change the ISF, you can re-eq the amp as the whole tone curve has changed.

Some other cool features I noticed it has. The f/x loop in the back has a button you can push in for using pedals(-6db I believe) or leave it out for rack equipment(+10db I believe), also there is a simulated out, so you can record right to your computer with it. Ohm selection for different cabs.

The only odd thing I noticed about this amp is that it doesn't have a standby switch. Not really a big deal, but I am just used to there being one on tube amps. I guess it was one way they cut costs.

So far I am very happy with the amp. Been playing the shit out of it since Friday when I got it. I run my 10 band eq in the loop which really seemed to open this amp up. I also use my TS9 in front as a boost. Just helps to tighten everything up, plus I like how it adds to the tone.

Like I said, I wouldn't normally do a review this soon, but so far I am glad I ordered it. Plus it just looks sexy sitting on my 4x12 in my room.:kickass:

first of all thanks for the review! i was going to PM you but you were quicker and answered here :)

but isnt the ht20 much different from the ht1? anyway both are HT series so.. im really confident to buy one ht1 because it looks such a good buy and all the reviews i read were positive. my only doubt was if it had enough gain because all the reviews on youtube are with shitty fenders and you cant really tell how will it respond with active pickups (what i use). what pickups do you use?

i were watching these blackstar amps a long time ago because they always sounded so nice to me, even alexi and roope used them in the new album (dont know which one actually)

Not really sure how differnt the ht-1 is to the ht-20. My guess is that the ht-1 has more solid state components than the ht-20. Sounds good either way I think.

In my RR24M I used an EMG passive PU w/ active circuitry. Hits the front end of the amp like an active pup does.

My LTD just has a passive EMG in it.

My Ibby has passive pups.

I really like the way all my guitars sound through the amp. They are all humbuckers, so I am sure it would be a little differrent with single coils.

I saw they used some blackstar stuff on the new album. Not really sure what though. Prob the series one stuff though. Blackstar has a series one amp out that is 200w w/ 4 KT88's in it. What a fucking beast of an amp.

Are you looking into the combo or do they make a 1w head now?

Have you looked into the ht-5? It sounds pretty good too. Prob just louder than the ht-1

Not really sure how differnt the ht-1 is to the ht-20. My guess is that the ht-1 has more solid state components than the ht-20. Sounds good either way I think.

In my RR24M I used an EMG passive PU w/ active circuitry. Hits the front end of the amp like an active pup does.

My LTD just has a passive EMG in it.

My Ibby has passive pups.

I really like the way all my guitars sound through the amp. They are all humbuckers, so I am sure it would be a little differrent with single coils.

I saw they used some blackstar stuff on the new album. Not really sure what though. Prob the series one stuff though. Blackstar has a series one amp out that is 200w w/ 4 KT88's in it. What a fucking beast of an amp.

Are you looking into the combo or do they make a 1w head now?

Have you looked into the ht-5? It sounds pretty good too. Prob just louder than the ht-1

ah yeah i didnt notice ur rig list is in your signature *facepalm*

im looking for the combo because its cheaper as i dont have my 6505 combo here and i have to buy a cab. besides the 8´ speaker is perfectly fine and enough

the ht-5 is the kick ass amp that received awards and stuff and made blackstar famous. the ht-1 is a copy of it with less watts (i think). yeah i thought on buying the ht-5 a long time ago but 5w is still a lot for an apartment so i see the ht-1 perfect for me

Sounds like the HT-1 will be perfect since you are in apt.

Just wait for GC to send out a coupon or something and then just order it from their web site.

I got my HT-20 for $100.oo off with one of those coupons, plus they have free shipping. Can't beat that really. None of the stores in my area had any Blackstar amps, well, except the HT-5 combo. So I had to order blind. So far so good.

If you get one gives us a little review on it. Like to see what others think about Blackstar products.

Sounds like the HT-1 will be perfect since you are in apt.

Just wait for GC to send out a coupon or something and then just order it from their web site.

I got my HT-20 for $100.oo off with one of those coupons, plus they have free shipping. Can't beat that really. None of the stores in my area had any Blackstar amps, well, except the HT-5 combo. So I had to order blind. So far so good.

If you get one gives us a little review on it. Like to see what others think about Blackstar products.

im from portugal so ordering from guitar center would get expensive.. i think i´ll buy through thomann.
yeah i´ll do the review of it;)