Guitar Player's Thread

Hello guys, what it's the best soundcard interface you recomend me for recording guitars using amps and cabs simulators?
like ux2, fast track, focusrite, and etc.... wich on is the best of all?

thank youuuuuuuuu

Anyone know what kind of pickups James Murphy used on the Obituary Cause of Death album?? I'm looking for that thick ass sound he used on the solo for Cause of Death. Just wondering if anyone knows or if there is a better place for me to ask?? Thanks!

Anyone know what kind of pickups... I'm looking for that thick ass sound

You're better off getting a stomp box or effects rack or even just the same amp.

If you want someone's sound, first get the guitar they use with correct guitar woods and neck, amp, amp settings and any effects they may be using - not to mention what the producer did to get that 'sound'.

Pick ups are the last thing in line to get someone's sound, even the way they play can affect the tone they get - give his guitar and rig to someone else - will they sound the same? More than likely not.

Getting back to your question, if he didn't change pick ups on his guitar then maybe just get his guitar or look up the specs to find out.

You can still go ahead and change pick ups to get some change to the sound you have now but don't expect miracles.

s

funny-ginger-kid-meme.jpg

hahhah great one :)

EDIT:
shit its you zakk, nice one!!!! :)

hahaha, thanks!

what guitar is that? I like the finish :)

It's an Eastman, they're a handmade guitar company, very suited towards great jazz guitars, mine is the thinline model....i got it off a friend from school, it's a little beat up cosmetically but it actually looks incredible even with the blemishes. Love that thing

Just got a GP-1000. Sounds incredible through a power amp and a proper cab!
However I wanted to try and see how it sounded with cab impulses just directly from the pre.

Thats the result :p still need to tweak around with it, sounds a little too thin right now imo :) but it's getting there!

Also wanting to try and record it with my Shure, but that'll be at another hour when nobodys home :p

Last edited by a moderator: