Guitar Player's Thread

holding-a-guitar-is-like-turning-an-on-off-switch-for-getting-laid.png

You are correct, sinfully ugly and those names are just gay as all hell.

If I were to get a metulz guitar just for looks I'd get something done by Daemoness Guitars

The two guitars I really want as of lately has to be a Blackmachine B2 and a vintage Jaguar

Pics because pics
(B2)
ofr5nn.jpg

(Jaguar, seriously guys you should know this one)
1zx0ko.jpg

Sadly for me they're outside of my price range at the moment. At least untill i get new car and flat sorted

The Blackmachine is pretty sick looking, I've never heard of it before now. I would really love to get a 7 or 8 string but I don't care for Ibanez too much. I might try to get an agile in a few months instead.

The Blackmachine is pretty sick looking, I've never heard of it before now. I would really love to get a 7 or 8 string but I don't care for Ibanez too much. I might try to get an agile in a few months instead.

Agile definitely has a different feel than Ibanez, so it's worth a try. But you do get what you pay for. You've got the advantage of living in the states though, so returns are always an option for if you end up getting a lemon. I'm happy with my Intrepid 828's, but I think I'll go for a shorter scale if I ever get an 8 again, as doing large chords on this scale strains my hand more thani feel is necessary.
There's always fanned frets too, of course..

Pointy guitars: why?

Do you believe? Do you BELIEVE?.. believe in a thing called ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL

Really though, I guess the point of pointy guitars(hurr) is to earn money on people with shitty taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I don't really care for pointy guitars so much, or atleast ones as obnoxious as those above. I just like the one that girl plays, the different layers of wood look really cool imo. Other than that I can't say I care for BC Rich or anything like that. I do like V's and the Warrior/Stealth/Xihphos style guitars just because I prefer to play in classical position when I'm playing or practicing, with the neck at a 45 degree angle instead of parallel with the floor. It feels really awkward for me to play like that for whatever reason.

I prefer to play that way too and routinely sit like that with all guitars regardless of their shape lol. At times, not so comfortable, especially with the Jackson Kelly shape. I think there's a distinct difference between a guitar with points, and a pointy guitar. I mean, while a V has points, it's a far cry from those terrible freaks of science that BC Rich and that site you posted make :p

I try to sit with a regular guitar and play like that, but alot of the time the input jack will be in a super convenient place. And yes, I agree about the Kelly's lol. I love those things, but because of the rounded bottom end it tends to kind of want to just slide down into the normal position. And I'm glad you aren't one of the super elitists who hates on V's. I can understand some people to an extent but I don't think the sound of them is any worse than a regular guitar pending what you get and they can be just as classy sometimes.

I like the idea alot of super strat style guitars because of all the tonal options, but playing with them is just so awkward to me.

:EDIT:

Just saw this too. I normally don't pick up guitar magazines anymore, but when I do, Tosin Abasi is the cover story :)

1ic082.jpg

Recommend me an external sound card. No preference for input system(USB vs Firewire). That's it, gimme suggestions

edit: actually i just realized my mobo doesnt have a fucking firewire input so it's gonna have to be USB only

Recommend me an external sound card. No preference for input system(USB vs Firewire). That's it, gimme suggestions

edit: actually i just realized my mobo doesnt have a fucking firewire input so it's gonna have to be USB only

fireface 800
echo audio fire 8

ah, no firewire. well. then fireface UC

Muffin, do you pronounce "ja" with an ingressive air flow?

Yep, though not consistently :p

fireface 800
echo audio fire 8

ah, no firewire. well. then fireface UC

loliknow, i'll get a dedicated music computer sometime in the future which will have firewire. Alas, the future isn't now.
I'll check out that one though, price seems nice at least, which is good. Thanks :)

Yep, though not consistently :p

loliknow, i'll get a dedicated music computer sometime in the future which will have firewire. Alas, the future isn't now.
I'll check out that one though, price seems nice at least, which is good. Thanks :)

When you get a Computer with FireWire dont hesitate, because the fireface is quite nice (German quality lol) I use it in my studio. The echo audio thing is quite nice (i use it at home) but it sucks when it comes to multitrack recording (all in all damn high latency in general):(

Latency is a bitch :/ I don't struggle with latency at the moment really, running on 6.4-6.7ms effective latency through DAW monitor. Atm I'm running a internal PCI sound card, M-Audio Audiophile 2496. Ancient medieval technology, but the asio driver is pretty good. What really is a bitch with it is that I only have two inputs and two outputs. I don't necessarily need more than two inputs right in this moment, but I'd like to be able to use some headphones for reference without having to export the bloody thing every single time. It's also got PMS once a month where it randomly decides to change to 48khz sample rate and lock itself at that for no apparent reason, which is annoying at best.

Friend of mine is using a fucking creative soundblaster card from 97 for making music, I shit you not. He's using WDM or MME or something, it's terrible at least. He records using DI as monitor because whatever drivers he's using now gives him so much latency it sounds like he's playing with a delay pedal on with the original signal volume turned off. And he's been using it for years now :|