Guitar Player's Thread

im a bit new to this string skipping technique. i mean i can sweep/shred at a decent tempo but this i haven't tried yet

so I was wondering can anyone of you recommend a good tab for folks like me new to this technique.

dont give me that googleit shit please

^Just start with the major scale, but instead of playing it up and down, skip one, two or as many strings as you want. Start with one and work your way up. You don't need any tabs for it.

say the A minor scale

D------12-15-17--19----------------------
A-------------------------------------------------------------
F------------------------------------12-14-16-19--------------------
C ---------------------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------------------------
D ------------------------------------------------

something like that?

say the A minor scale

D------12-15-17--19----------------------
A-------------------------------------------------------------
F------------------------------------12-14-16-19--------------------
C ---------------------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------------------------
D ------------------------------------------------

something like that?

Yeah, good luck playing that if you haven't got longer fingers than PG.

But try with the C major scale for example. You don't have to play every note of the scale, so you could play something like:

Code:
D------12-10-8-----------------------8-10-12---
A-----------------------------------------------
F------------------12-10-9-10-12---------------
C-----------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------------
D -----------------------------------------------

And just keep skipping strings but staying in the C major scale in the same position.

i was wondering whats the best guitar youve played so far??? that you own or you tried.. id say my jackson slsmg with upgraded 81-85

yeah xiphos will probably be my next one and its not too much for a guitar of that quality

Actually, I am going to have to say the Steinberger GM Series. It is the most comfortable guitar sitting or standing. And the neck doesnt dive down because there is no headstock. Other than that, my next guitar, the Ibanez RGA121.

betcha can't play this'

D-------19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-----
F-----------------------------------------------
D -------1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1-------

S: 175bpm

i was wondering whats the best guitar youve played so far??? that you own or you tried.. id say my jackson slsmg with upgraded 81-85

yeah xiphos will probably be my next one and its not too much for a guitar of that quality

Best guitar or best playability ?

Anyway.. I'd say my ESP SV-NT BMF, my RAN Invader Custom, the Ibanez PGM 301 and the Ibanez JEM (both the "real" JEM and my JEM Jr.)

betcha can't play this'

D-------19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-19-----
F-----------------------------------------------
D -------1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1-------

S: 175bpm

I broke my hand trying :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, so I finally got my Xiphos 2 days ago. Here's a little review on it so far:

I think it's nearly flawless. The fretboard feels heavenly...its very easy to go up and down the neck. And it feels great to play when sitting down. Now the only problem I've encounterd so far is the position of the guitar when I try to play it standing up. The strap buttons are placed on the upper two fins and so when I stand up with it, the neck completely dives down. I know this can easily be fixed by drilling another hole on the other fin. But I've noticed Muhammed actually plays it the way it is. But it's just irritating to try to support the neck with your left hand while playing. ANYWAYS....aside from the strap buttons, everything else is great. The whammy bar is amazing cuz all you have to do is stick it in there and it stays very smug, no need to screw it in or anything. Very easy to whammy. The binding is great and the reverse inlays and reverse headstock look awesome. The bridge is very cool too, I don't know why ppl complain about it not being a FR brdige...the Edge 3 is very nice also. The neck-thru feels great for all those higher frets, makes it much easier to play there. Oh and the pick-ups!!! They sound absolutely fantastic and they're pretty versatile. You could just use the neck pick up and with the right settings on your amp, you could play some jazz. And the bridge pick up gives a killer sound. These DiMarzio activators are great imo; they even make my crappy 10 watt ibanez amp sound good. And they're probably better than EMGs, but I haven't made up my mind on that completely.

Ok, maybe I should stop now cuz I feel like I'm ranting a bit. But I have to leave you guys with some pictures....words can't describe the beauty of this guitar. I got the red chameleon, as you can see:

and this is my favorite one cuz you can see the green vs. the orange. this pic was taken the day I bought it when I tested it out on my friends marshal in his garage:

(And I ask you to please ignore the weird outfit I was wearing in some of those pics. Me and my friend maria were going to a party last night, and she chose my outfit :p)

meh, i havnt played a xiphos, im not fond of the shape. i just hate the colors they have on them though. but cool axe anyways. oh, and my laiho does the same thing with the neck and it goes down. i think its fine to support with my left hand

that looks so like a jackson warrior. the headstock is a bit weird but still awesome axe. I soo want to buy one

what one? my friend got one. i wasnt that impressed.

yeah, the more I play, the more I'm liking these Dimarzio activators. They really have great tones.

and here ya go... I thought I'd share this cuz it's just simply bad ass
necrophagisttourbus.jpg

:worship: :worship:

im a bit new to this string skipping technique. i mean i can sweep/shred at a decent tempo but this i haven't tried yet

so I was wondering can anyone of you recommend a good tab for folks like me new to this technique.

dont give me that googleit shit please

dude. i thought string skipping was really hard at first, but now i can play some crazy PG ones at a fast speed easily.

oh yea, i got my new guitar. alexi laiho-600. pwnage

okokk095.jpg

okokk094.jpg

Well resting your right arm on the upper fin wont work when you try to stand up and play because your right hand has to focus on picking! And while its resting on the fin, it can't exactly pick very well :lol:

It works for me anywyas, I was just giving you my 0.02$.

Best guitars I've ever played? A certain PRS my local guitar shop had a while back, and the Ernie Ball MusicMan Axis.. The EBMM isn't much on looks but it plays and sounds like a dream.