Guitar Player's Thread

You played a scalloped Axis? I'm talking about this one:

inst_axis.jpg

┼Victim of the Night┼;6243391 said:
^Wow, Mystique, you have a really nice new guitar!! I like the pics you posted too. :)

But now what are you going to do about the old Ibanez? Will you keep playing that one too, sometimes, right? I liked that one aswell.

yeah, even though the tone on the gio sucks, it's still a nice guitar to play. And I'd never sell it since it was my first guitar. Sentimental value, ya know?

Wow, nice Xiphos, Mystique!
I'll wait for another color run before I buy one though.

Thanks! And exactly what color are you hoping for? After all, they are chameleons and so they change colors depending on the angle of light.

i was wondering whats the best guitar youve played so far??? that you own or you tried.. id say my jackson slsmg with upgraded 81-85

yeah xiphos will probably be my next one and its not too much for a guitar of that quality

I think it's apparent what my favorite guitar is at the moment :D

a squier strat right?

how did you know?! :worship:

If I get a Xiphos, I'd probably end up stripping it and getting a satin finish. Most likely on a transparent color.

That'd be interesting to see.

And also when you guys are talking about how your guitars are also neck heavy, but you have no problem with them... I'm assuming most of you are talking about Vs. Like I think Conti was talking about his jackson JS30 rhoads... and I think it's different with an X...all the ppl I "know" so far (like thru forums and what not) are changing the position of the strap buttons. I discovered that Muhummed even changed the position of his lower strap button when I watched closely in one of the vids. I have played the js30 for example, standing up, and it was much easier to play than the xiphos standing up. But yeah, I just wanted to mention that

The guitar I'm talking about is my Jackson Kelly, it's the same principle. But most extreme guitar shapes you'll encounter are difficult to play standing up, but after fiddling around with angles, strap lengths, and just overall getting used to it, you'll find a way that suits you.

The guitar I'm talking about is my Jackson Kelly, it's the same principle. But most extreme guitar shapes you'll encounter are difficult to play standing up, but after fiddling around with angles, strap lengths, and just overall getting used to it, you'll find a way that suits you.

Hmm...it's still not the same thing. The jackson kelly doesn't really have the same shape as the xiphos. The warrior comes closer. Next time you play your friend's Xiphos, try to play it while standing. You'll see what I mean. But in the meantime, yeah, I will try to get used to it and fiddle around with the straps a bit.

Probably the best guitar to play standing up and sitting is the Steinberger GM series.

Oh I think I played this guitar a few weeks ago, and it just felt so fucking good! It's an ibanez right? The one I played at sam ash had a really weird robot design on it, which was frankly very ugly. But the guitar felt wonderful to play.

yeah, even though the tone on the gio sucks, it's still a nice guitar to play. And I'd never sell it since it was my first guitar. Sentimental value, ya know?
Yeah, I know what you're talking about... I could say that's more or less like me and my bass, only that I can't play it properly... but at least I take care of it, it's like my lil' baby. :)

My friend has a GIO, and whenever I go over to her place I always jam with it unplugged when we watch movies or whatever. It plays surprisingly well for what it is, but the tone when plugged is too horrible for words.

My friend has a GIO, and whenever I go over to her place I always jam with it unplugged when we watch movies or whatever. It plays surprisingly well for what it is, but the tone when plugged is too horrible for words.

hahahahhaaha...and imagine...that's what I used to record for the Blues Jam thing we did in here :zombie:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6245893 said:
Yeah, I know what you're talking about... I could say that's more or less like me and my bass, only that I can't play it properly... but at least I take care of it, it's like my lil' baby. :)

Learn to play it! Bass is probably one of the easiest instruments to self-learn on. I bought a bass when I was 15 and I learned everything through the internet and using programs such as TabIt. If you need help getting started, feel free to ask here :)

how did you know?! :worship:

That'd be interesting to see.

And also when you guys are talking about how your guitars are also neck heavy, but you have no problem with them... I'm assuming most of you are talking about Vs. Like I think Conti was talking about his jackson JS30 rhoads... and I think it's different with an X...all the ppl I "know" so far (like thru forums and what not) are changing the position of the strap buttons. I discovered that Muhummed even changed the position of his lower strap button when I watched closely in one of the vids. I have played the js30 for example, standing up, and it was much easier to play than the xiphos standing up. But yeah, I just wanted to mention that

ahh I see, and btw its an RR3.:heh: