Guitar Player's Thread

Gdgd!!

:lol: Personally, I wouldn't want like 10 solos anyway...it'd be way too long to listen to.

Exactly. I get BORED listening to 16 similar Amin shred solos when the RX forum jam is done. "Hey yeah, wake me the fuck up when ya get past 10 will ya? Cheers."

:Smokin:

inhe said:
So are you going to mic up your MP-1 on this one?

Dno yet, I can only really do it on a Sunday or Monday so I could write it during next week and then re-record it the Monday after that. Otherwise, I'll just use the thing I've always used.

Dno yet, I can only really do it on a Sunday or Monday so I could write it during next week and then re-record it the Monday after that. Otherwise, I'll just use the thing I've always used.

Do you have a GP for the backing already?

Nope. I wasn't planning on making one but if everyone wants one, then I might as well.

And I just realised that I actually SUCK at playing the guitar. I might not play. :cry:

Nope. I wasn't planning on making one but if everyone wants one, then I might as well.

And I just realised that I actually SUCK at playing the guitar. I might not play. :cry:

Don't bother for me, i'll just tab it out, i was just thinking that you already had it so i didn't have to go through with tabbing it.

I always suck, even more when I record it, it just sounds shittier that way.

COB-OT Forum Jam #2

Backing Track (Right click & "Save Target As")
GP4 TAB (Right click "Save Target As")

† Record your solo over this time: (00:06-00:51).

† Save the LEAD GUITAR ONLY in .mp3/.wav format and upload to http://www.sendspace.com. Give me the link in this thread or in a PM and you're done.

I think we should give it around 2 weeks? Seems like a nice length but we'll probably end up needing to extend it.

The Theory Bit:

The track is in the key of F# minor but the chord progression is C#min, D, C#min, A. This is hinting strongly at a solo played in the C# phrygian mode, which simply means only using notes from the F#min scale but starting and finishing phrases on a C# and just revolving around that tonal centre.

F#min = F#, G#, A, B, C#, D, E, F#.
C# Phrygian = C#, D, E, F#, G#, A, B, C#.

Of course, this is only a basic guide. F#min natural minor (Aeolian) and phrgian dominant (#3) would work fine too, just experiment and enjoy. :kickass:

(check out the promotional sig too :p)

I improvised over it and it came out better than when i had thought out something beforehand :erk:

^Yay, tack! :D

You know, even Paul Gilbert wanna hear this other COB-OT forum jam: can you guys hear it? He just started playing "Hurry Up" to make you understand that you must do this second forum jam, and as soon as possible!!!

(I think it's the second time I quote Paul Gilbert and this specific song while saying something... whatever)

Yeah i guess the army must be the shit LOLZ:lol: Its too bad you have to go to the army or have somekinda community service for 1000 years

I just realised i pretty much have to have my solo done tomorrow, i'm going to spend the last days in Spain at my other aunt's place, and then i'm going back to Sweden this saturday.