Guitar Player's Thread

Long time since i saw that one. I even think it's been posted in this thread before, i love the one finger sweeps btw! :lol:

That guy has tons of free time :lol:

I really like that phrygian jam track. I have a lot of solo ideas but no means of recording. I say go with that one or the passage to the reaper one.

I downloaded a guitar clinic with PG from 2001, in Peru. And he's playing a 7 string tuned to (from lowest to highest) D D D C A F D. I've never heard of or heard him playing a seven string, some cool stuff.

mitch made this one for me a while ago and its nice. Plus it's in Eminor which a shit load of poeple know.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cd1c66

I like this one, it could call for some solos with some real feel to them.
Here's a fun thing i did with a Phaser and alot of delay. The delay is set to 2 seconds, and with 100% feedback, which basically means when you play something, it will go on for ever. So i just played some fun stuff!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8EE6EF7616853D24

that was kinda weird, lol. and just to let you know, you had like 4 minutes of empty space after whatever you played.
I think this would be pretty cool:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dyqyrt

Plus, it's great quality.
yeah great quality, and I like the sound of this also.

Yeah, but implying C# phygian.

how do you guys figure out what key a song is in? do you tab it out first and just look at the notes that are being played? or can you actually figure out the key just by listening? if it's the latter, that's pretty cool...and hard to do.

how do you guys figure out what key a song is in? do you tab it out first and just look at the notes that are being played? or can you actually figure out the key just by listening? if it's the latter, that's pretty cool...and hard to do.

Well this is a backing track from a GT mag that had a solo in it already and I learnt it a while ago so I knew it was in F#min, but if I was figuring out a key, then yes, I would work it out first.

I can sometimes realise a song in the key of C 'cause I recognise that chord and recognise chord progressions so I could tell if it was going C, Am, F, G.

inhe said:
I downloaded a guitar clinic with PG from 2001, in Peru. And he's playing a 7 string tuned to (from lowest to highest) D D D C A F D. I've never heard of or heard him playing a seven string, some cool stuff.

Yep, the arpeggios he plays in Let The Computer Decide sound awesome (I think that's the song he plays after the demonstration in that clinic).

Shall we use the F#min thing as a BT for another jam then or what?

Altitudes said:
I really like that phrygian jam track. I have a lot of solo ideas but no means of recording.

Don't you have any other effects pedals or anything?

Yep, the arpeggios he plays in Let The Computer Decide sound awesome (I think that's the song he plays after the demonstration in that clinic).

Shall we use the F#min thing as a BT for another jam then or what?

I think it's actually a lot cooler sounding than having the 3 high strings tuned to the same note, and you can also play some other things with the 4 higher strings.

As for the backing track, i think we shall!

ok so many seconds of soling will each person have?, are you just going to repeat the maine theme over and over again and after the last one you will play the ending?

So what, if we don't do anything now, noone will fucking decide anything so I'm making a stand. Play over this one or fuck off and wait for the next one. :)

5 people is enough for me.