Guitar Player's Thread

Does anybody else but me think Between The Buried And Me are probably one of the best recent metal bands to emerge? I've been listening to them on a regular basis since their album Alaska back in '05 and they're fucking close to the top of my list of favorite bands.

Their new release Colors leaked last week and it's fucking AMAZING. This has to be the best album to be released in the past few years, I've been listening to it practically nonstop for days now.

Sounds like an emo name, listening to some songs on their myspace now.

As a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas are coming to your head, and knowing a decent amount of theory certainly helps in structuring those ideas.

i back this 100% for what its worth :p

Does anybody else but me think Between The Buried And Me are probably one of the best recent metal bands to emerge? I've been listening to them on a regular basis since their album Alaska back in '05 and they're fucking close to the top of my list of favorite bands.

Their new release Colors leaked last week and it's fucking AMAZING. This has to be the best album to be released in the past few years, I've been listening to it practically nonstop for days now.

checking them out on myspace now...this stuff is what scene kids here dance to :p I fuckin hate scene kids.
Oh, and yea the band is pretty good, some I like some of their material.

The C7 Hellraiser also comes in this fapworthy color:

c7_hellraiser_bch.jpg

Hot guitar but the binding is just :erk: looks tacky imo.

I found a black Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Diamond Series on eBay for £349 (+shipping though, its in the US). That is such a fucking bargain I may have to buy it. :O

Add the huge shipping cost, tax and possibly customs and it will be much the same price. Not to mention it's from America :lol: there's just something about america I do not trust with internet transactions. But it's up to you man.

Random point: Didn't you say you're getting your results today? If you did well you can use that as a way of getting your parents to help with the buy. just a thought ;)

Random point: Didn't you say you're getting your results today? If you did well you can use that as a way of getting your parents to help with the buy. just a thought ;)

Already have, managed to grab £400 off em. But that's all I'll get for the whole year, and my Xmas presents will probably be shit :lol: But im not complaining.

Already have, managed to grab £400 off em. But that's all I'll get for the whole year, and my Xmas presents will probably be shit :lol: But im not complaining.
You get Xmas presents? SPOILED BRAT:heh: Just kidding. I rarely get anythin remarkable on Xmas...not for many years now. Last thing worth mentioning was a PS2 but that was long ago :lol: The candy is always 100+ though and a movie is always nice...i often get DVDs. Those are pretty nice. Whatever:lol:

not a while ago we had this 6 string Ibanez Xiphos Whorsheping
i was brawsing random shit and came across this vid.
man i love it ! this guitar is 7 STRING and armed with Seymour duncan blackouts! FUCK I WANT IT

Last edited by a moderator:
not a while ago we had this 6 string Ibanez Xiphos Whorsheping
i was brawsing random shit and came across this vid.
man i love it ! this guitar is 7 STRING and armed with Seymour duncan blackouts! FUCK I WANT IT

That one is awesome looking, too bad the guy couldn't play it :erk:

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean?

He has an awesome guitar, with 7 strings (which by logic would mean you could have even more options of licks/riffs), and he just plays the cliché death metal stuff with a solo that just sounds shit.

He has an awesome guitar, with 7 strings (which by logic would mean you could have even more options of licks/riffs), and he just plays the cliché death metal stuff with a solo that just sounds shit.

I thought the riffs were pretty heavy and cool. He could not solo to well though.