Guitar Player's Thread

Dino never was in to solos, his work always has been in to fast Fear Factory rhythms.
i see it as his progression that he started to play solos.
i bet even better music, writing skills, soloing is just yet to come from him.

How is teh Forum Jam coming along?

We haven't sorted out a backing track. Once again, noone has said anything about anything except for that one night so nothing has happened.

I'll look through some later and see if I can find some cool ones. Anyone else is free to upload some too and we'll see what sounds good.

I actually think that To The Rats song is pretty cool.

still, in the beginning he said "This is a thrash metal song" well, no shit. Haven't they been claiming the thrash tag for like a year? Wouldnt that make all their songs thrashy? And on the jam topic. I have some cool tracks. It's just the section we need has to be extracted.

I know this doesn't really fit here, but i reall laughed at this :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
still, in the beginning he said "This is a thrash metal song" well, no shit. Haven't they been claiming the thrash tag for like a year? Wouldnt that make all their songs thrashy? And on the jam topic. I have some cool tracks. It's just the section we need has to be extracted.

Yeah well, Matt is a fanny, take no notice. It's the music that matters.

And don't worry about the section, just find a cool track and I can sort out the editing.

:lol: That reminds me of when I went to see Iron Maiden last December (Trivium supporting)

Matt Heafy: This next song is a thrash metal song.

Swabs: No, no it isn't!

*dirty looks from trivium fans*

Yeah well, Matt is a fanny, take no notice. It's the music that matters.

And don't worry about the section, just find a cool track and I can sort out the editing.

k, thanks man! I will post a few links to some backings later tonight for people to decide which to use.

mitch made this one for me a while ago and its nice. Plus it's in Eminor which a shit load of poeple know.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cd1c66

You can just transpose what ever you're playing to the right key by moving to the "correct frets". A guitar tuned to D standard can play in F#min over an Emin backing track "tuned" to E. What i'm trying to say is that once you figure out the key, just reposition the licks you've practiced in a certain key to the correct one.

I think it would be cool to go with something from Racer X. I like the solo section of Sunlit Nights or Loud and Clear.

You can just transpose what ever you're playing to the right key by moving to the "correct frets". A guitar tuned to D standard can play in F#min over an Emin backing track "tuned" to E. What i'm trying to say is that once you figure out the key, just reposition the licks you've practiced in a certain key to the correct one.

I think it would be cool to go with something from Racer X. I like the solo section of Sunlit Nights or Loud and Clear.
ok...

I just wanted to know if you guys would like that one.

ok...

I just wanted to know if you guys would like that one.

Maybe some people didn't know that.

I find the track to be a little dull tbh, I for one would like something with a little more tempo.

Here's a fun thing i did with a Phaser and alot of delay. The delay is set to 2 seconds, and with 100% feedback, which basically means when you play something, it will go on for ever. So i just played some fun stuff!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8EE6EF7616853D24