Guitar Player's Thread

well im pretty much self learned... been playing for 6 years and took lesson only last years and i was as good as the teacher so thats suck..the first one stopped teaching guitar for a better job and the second one moved.. damn they runned away from me i dont think im that annoying lol:saint: well i suggest you to learn some scale.. as you said blues and pentatonic are a good start but mix up your practice or youll end up bored and play less (it happens to me sometimes) and you should do it perfectly at slow first and increase sppeed .. use a metronome or (like i do) a keyboard with drum beats it s a little funnier. For lesson id suggest www.cyberfret.com or www.guitarnoise.com i used to go to guitartricks but now u gotta pay so .. dont forget to use the pinky a lot it pays in the long run. pretty much it hope that helps :headbang:

which makes me think, the band is really progressing and become better and better with each album and the singer just suck balls like he always did :erk:
damn this band needs a new singer:mad:

I've only really listened to about 6 songs in total but Born has always been one of the best, along with the first heavy riff in This Godless Endeavour.

^ Check out 'Psalm of Lydia' the guitar work in that is godly. *postjump*

And yeah, at first I wasn't so keen on Warrel Dane's vocals, but now I couldn't imagine them with a different vocalist.

The guitar tone on 'DHIADW' (despite it not being my favourite album) is easily one of the finest in the history of metal recording, in my humble opinion.

*post jump*
^in my case i learned to ignore them and enjoy the rest of the band

Speaking of Nevermore (which is all I seem to have done today :lol:) My shirt finally arrived a couple days ago. This picture was taken of me on that day at a party, which is why I look retarded. Also, am I the only one who thinks the angle of the logo looks really weird in that picture? :rofl: It's like...completely flat :s

yaynevamoarshirtqb1.png