Guitar Player's Thread

My point is that his so called "wanking" is at least 100 times better than Matt Heafy's just plain shit playing.

Yeah it's called palm muting. You're not going to say something like "Iced Earth are shit" now simply because they palm mute all the time or something are you?

well seeing as this is the cob forum

go give HCDR a listen and then tell me chug-a-lug music is "exciting."

and my point is that the same note palm-muted in cadence is exactly what i mean by "simplisitic riffing."

edit: seeing as i had like 10 people post before me...
Yeah it's called palm muting. You're not going to say something like "Iced Earth are shit" now simply because they palm mute all the time or something are you?

and no, i actually enjoy iced earth

so many people say that its ok for trivium to fuck up live because they're "young" but dragonforce is hated because there older and they shouldnt be messing up. i dont think age should be an excuse for shit like that

wtf? of course not

dragonforce is not "hated," as you put it, however herman li overproduces his guitars and writes shit that is way too hard for him to play as is evident in his performances. aside from that their stage moves are a tad lame :p

trivium just get pissed and wasted and fuck up. which is just as stupid. and if you took the time to read people even bash alexi for fucking up live. so whats your point? bands shouldn't fuck up blah blah yeah ok ok we get it?

so just because i dont share in your kamelot/nevermore/rhapsody (of fire) flowercore ass kissing?

you need to HEAVY THE FUCK UP.

You need to HARDEN THE FUCK UP!

For the record, Nevermore is about as pure as metal goes. Fuckin' true metal. Why don't you go listen to your Cannibal Corpse or pop Are you dead yet in your cd player, because you are to heavy for 'flowercore'.

EDIT - WOW shretestical, I almost took a liking to you but your previous comments about Trivium and Nevermore are words from a faggot's mouth. Jesus Christ dude, you actually believe Matt Heafy is better than most prog guitarists? Nevermore is not simple and not wankery. Writing complex riffs in odd time signatures and kick ass melodies does not take away from their heaviness. They play 7 strings tuned down a half step. That isn't heavy? Emocore Trivium is simplistic not to mention metallica-like sellouts. I like Cory better than Heafy in the band, and that isn't saying very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
just becuase i do not worship this new age of power metal means i must listen to shitty grunge?

so this was originally a discussion of my opinion that triviums guitars are pretty cool and american metal is pretty shitest?

which isn't to say i hate all power metal, i find myself enjoying the aforementioned iced earth, sonata arctica, nightwish etc.

however, some power metal just goes way too far.

edit: low chugging riffing does not make you metal.

If I was an AYDY groupie i wouldn't own the full discography.

and youre fucking stupid and moronic. for the tenth time my opinion was of trivium's guitar work, not trivium's music. some of which i happen to like, but thats beside the point, the whole fucking discussion was on the guitars. clean the shit out of your ears.

dimmu borgir is black metal for drag queens

nevermore i maintain, has too much power metal wankery. however you can't really enjoy power metal without accepting that fact. however nevermore's vocalist resorts to whiney nasaly bullshit, coupled with jeff loomis' sux factor = shitty music.

not just to this quote, but to pretty much everything you've said on this topic, for someone whos name is shredtastical you really don't know shit about guitar or guitar playing.

it seems to be the common consensus here that if i dont support prog metal i must be talking out of my ass. but i implore you all to take a look at your surroundings for a minute. you are in a CHILDREN OF BODOM forum. not exactly what i'd call the kings of prog. its not like i hopped on a dream theatre forum and started bashing on prog guitarists.

which i might point out, alexi did in a magazine, quoted as saying "john petrucci is a pussy." so dont give me this shit that just because i dont like prog i know nothing about guitar.

and im saying that jeff loomis wanks too much, thats why i don't consider him "good." whats your point?

And your username is shredtastical? What are you a fucking moron?

I bet you haven't ever even listened to Nevermore for more than 10 minutes in your entire life. Seriously, just shut the fuck up and listen to your Trivium bullshit somewhere else.

it seems to be the common consensus here that if i dont support prog metal i must be talking out of my ass. but i implore you all to take a look at your surroundings for a minute. you are in a CHILDREN OF BODOM forum. not exactly what i'd call the kings of prog. its not like i hopped on a dream theatre forum and started bashing on prog guitarists.

which i might point out, alexi did in a magazine, quoted as saying "john petrucci is a pussy." so dont give me this shit that just because i dont like prog i know nothing about guitar.

You are an ignorant bitch. Alexi never said Petrucci is a pussy but said he finds Dream Theater lame. BIG difference. You can state your opinion by simply saying something like "I don't dig Nevermore" or "I'm not into prog metal/rock", but you make ridiculous statements that make you appear stupid, as if you suffer from a mild retardation. No one can take you seriously when you say "I like Trivium', "Heafy > most prog guitarists", "Nevermore is wanking". You obviously have not heard more than two songs from any progressive metal band in your life.

[/discussion]