Guitar Player's Thread

Nevermore is like Eternal Tears of Sorrow IMO.

They're cool, but they can get too obsessed with the "melodic" tag and forget to be metal :p

Matt Heafy might as well play the fucking fiddle, thats how obsolete he is compared to Jeff Loomis.

No, Trivium is metalcore, it's not even real metal. It's "metal" for 12 year old scene kids.

Nevermore kicks the shit out of Trivium.

You're a fucking moron. *postjump btw*

This is fucking emo

This is fucking metal

Get the fuck off of Ultimatemetal.com

Last edited by a moderator:
so just because i dont share in your kamelot/nevermore/rhapsody (of fire) flowercore ass kissing?

you need to HEAVY THE FUCK UP.

:rolleyes: Nevermore are so much fucking heavier than emo whining crybaby trivium shit. And for the record I don't see how I could "heavy the fuck up" considering I'm an avid fan of bands such as Behemoth, Decapitated, Deicide ect ect ect. So stop making assumptions and go cry, emo kid.

so this was originally a discussion of my opinion that triviums guitars are pretty cool and american metal is pretty shitest?

and so because you called trivium scene, and i called nevermore emo, now you think im emo?

i think you need to move your mouth out of your asshole. you sound like an illiterate cow

Trivium are scene. They're played on MTV all the fucking time and people who like My Chemical fucking Romance also like Trivium.

Nevermore are a Prog/Thrash metal band, both the guitarists use 7 strings, that combined with the fast double bass of the drums and of course the bass guitar make the band sound pretty fucking "heavy". Calling them emo is like calling Darkthrone "pop".

wtf does MTV h ave to do with it?

you must the same person who goes, "they sold a gold album, they're mainstream and must suck."

and yes i used it positive. in terms of shred guitar, i think they're pretty good.

nevermore is subject to the typical powermetal over-wankery.

and by over wankery i mean herman li wankery.

which isn't to say i dont like dragonforce, its just to say i think some of their shit (Jeff Loomis/Herman Li/whatever) is over fucking produced, and over fucking blown. However in the nevermore case their vocalist wanks just as much as jeff.

God, I knew AYDY brought lots of faggots to CoB, but I didn't think it was this bad :erk:

I don't care how "mainstream" a band gets, if I did, I wouldn't still be a Dimmu Borgir fan.

Trivium are in fact a fake metal, metalcore band who rip off other bands constantly and make shitty music for teenagers.

Jeff Loomis's guitar technique is godly, it beats the shit out of most real metal guitarists, so someone like Matt Heafy isn't even worth mentioning.

And I haven't even started talking about Chris Broderick yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was an AYDY groupie i wouldn't own the full discography.

and youre fucking stupid and moronic. for the tenth time my opinion was of trivium's guitar work, not trivium's music. some of which i happen to like, but thats beside the point, the whole fucking discussion was on the guitars. clean the shit out of your ears.

dimmu borgir is black metal for drag queens

nevermore i maintain, has too much power metal wankery. however you can't really enjoy power metal without accepting that fact. however nevermore's vocalist resorts to whiney nasaly bullshit, coupled with jeff loomis' sux factor = shitty music.

If I was an AYDY groupie i wouldn't own the full discography.

and youre fucking stupid and moronic. for the tenth time my opinion was of trivium's guitar work, not trivium's music. some of which i happen to like, but thats beside the point, the whole fucking discussion was on the guitars. clean the shit out of your ears.

dimmu borgir is black metal for drag queens

nevermore i maintain, has too much power metal wankery. however you can't really enjoy power metal without accepting that fact. however nevermore's vocalist resorts to whiney nasaly bullshit, coupled with jeff loomis' sux factor = shitty music.

And for the tenth time, Im saying that even considering putting Trivium over Nevermore in terms of guitar is so idiotic that its just plain pathetic. Take that shit out of your ears.