Guitar Player's Thread

Yeah, you're right, and I considered that many times too... but bass or guitar, I still am afraid or convinced that I wouldn't get too far even if I tried all my best... dunno why my self-esteem in these things is so low though.
Today I embraced my bass a bit... couldn't play 'cause at the moment my nails are too long but oh well, I'll cut them if I should ever feel like practising on it.
I also took a pic of my lil' treasure today... here:

mytreasuremj0.jpg

...it's a Fender Jazz-Bass, it's old and it's quite evident... but I would never sell it for any reason.

^I think i'm feeling the opposite here, i actually can't wait to get my hands on the guitar so i can start workin..... fuck money and fuck sweden and fuck my parents :cry:

:OMG: Well, fuck me.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
^which one dude? details plz
CONSTRUCTION neck through

SCALE 25,5"

BODY Alder
NECK Maple
FINGERBOARD Ebony

PICKUPS Neck N/A
Bridge EMG-81

BRIDGE Ibanez Edge Pro II

HEADSTOCK SHAPE custom (similar to jackson/esp's, see pics)
HEADSTOCK FINISH natural
HEAD PLATE ebony

NECK FINISH natural glossy, roughed up with scotch bright lol

BODY FINISH BLACK w/ white pinestripes
HARDWARE BLACK (tremolo ibanez cosmic black)
HARDWARE PCs 1 Volume

NECK INLAY CUSTOM, see pics

Homer, is it that RV in the "Beyond the Dark Sun" video of yours?
yes

it's his (unfinished) custom.
its finished now, just the volume pot not in yet (just a hole he's asking me where to put) and just waiting for the paint to dry completely

woaaa you get another custom? :eek:
i demand pics from both of them side by side!
->

Same one ^_^
:)

=========>
http://files.tr00metal.com/shredbaby/
^ before painting

anyone know what key bodom plays in (usually)? i think E but im not sure...

D (old stuff), [dropped] C (new stuff) lol

Well, they tune their guitars to "D" standard and it is implied that they play in "E", but tonally it would be in the key of D. When they tune to drop "C", they play in the key of "D", though tonally it would be C. Of course they don't always play in the same key but these are the most common.

Well, they tune their guitars to "D" standard and it is implied that they play in "E", but tonally it would be in the key of D. When they tune to drop "C", they play in the key of "D", though tonally it would be C. Of course they don't always play in the same key but these are the most common.
ive got absolute pitch dude, i care shit about what it "would be" :D

yea thats what i thought thnx ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2JzzmVZqHI
for those still think trivium is heavy...

Yes, obviously this makes smile/laugh a bit... :)

But seriously speaking... who cares if a band is heavy or not?
I mean, from the beginning, when god created the world (and let's not dwell on the fact that we are religious or not, that's not the point) people had different opinions and it'll always be this way... I think it's useless to say "this band is heavy, so it worths to be listened to" or "noooo, that band isn't heavy, it's sh*t, why dya waste your time listening to it?"...
One likes a band? Ok, so keep listening to it, regardless of its heaviness or not... tastes are tastes, it's useless to make certain comparisons correlated to bands to decide what is worthy to be listened to cuz of the genre, let's just enjoy their music when we like it, neglecting to discuss which genre it may be so often.

(ps: this ain't a personal attack to ya, buddy, and not to anyone else too... I only feel in a writer-mood today and wanted to break balls and annoy people. Sorry if it seems that I acted like an idiot... well, whatever.)

EDIT: whoa, I noticed that the Guitarplayer's Thread has now 200 pages... aye, aye!!! :kickass: ...I love this thread (in the whole COB-OT).