Guitar Player's Thread

I've found the best way is to learn the theory behind what you like to play, instead of learning theory and the playing it.

like for instance looking at a tab of a song you think is awesome finding out the scale its in? what else do you look for besides that

like for instance looking at a tab of a song you think is awesome finding out the scale its in? what else do you look for besides that

Well, that too. But making a backing track with a progression you find cool, and then finding out what key it's in and then experiment with different scales.

Can i get a couple suggestions? I wanted to know the best kind of strings to play with for a guitar with a Floyd Rose. I tried Ernie Balls and they didnt last long. I used GHS boomers and they didnt last much longer. I know Alexi uses DRs but i wanted to get a couple suggestions to see if they are good to use.

Can i get a couple suggestions? I wanted to know the best kind of strings to play with for a guitar with a Floyd Rose. I tried Ernie Balls and they didnt last long. I used GHS boomers and they didnt last much longer. I know Alexi uses DRs but i wanted to get a couple suggestions to see if they are good to use.

from what ive heard DR's last long but don't sound amazing. I use diddarrios my self.

There are no right or wrong strings to use with a FR, wtf. It's all to do with how much you "abuse" them and if or not you're cleaning them before and after you play. Cleaning and not much bending/whammy is going to make them last longer than if you never clean them ever and are always attemping Vai's bar tricks. Ernie Balls are fine.

hey warheart, just wondering, have you pasted any solos in yet? like the poeple that have already sent them. The more I listen to it the more I think I want to re-do it.

hey warheart, just wondering, have you pasted any solos in yet? like the poeple that have already sent them. The more I listen to it the more I think I want to re-do it.

I don't do anything until I decide that it's time to end it. Anyone can re-do anything at any time before I say "ok im gna finish it now" or something.

I still haven't done mine yet so it won't be for a while yet.

i think you better make a list of who has sent theirs. So the people who havent realise that it really only takes half an hour at the most

I don't do anything until I decide that it's time to end it. Anyone can re-do anything at any time before I say "ok im gna finish it now" or something.

I still haven't done mine yet so it won't be for a while yet.

ok, I'm defenetly going to make another then, probably today or tommorrow.

i think you better make a list of who has sent theirs. So the people who havent realise that it really only takes half an hour at the most

• Conti
• jmbullet
• inhe
• Earth Breather
• Still waiting for HomerJ_123 to get back to me about his...

ok, I'm defenetly going to make another then, probably today or tommorrow.

Ok, cool.

Is it ok if your solo doesn't exactly fill the whole time that your given?

Well, kinda. If you only want half the time, just let me know the times you're soloing over and I'll arrange it.

For those of you who are yet to see pics of the blue xiphos, I found this on the bay. Not bad imo, fucking great price to.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-Xiphos...ryZ33043QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Nice. I'd say it was more green with a tint of blue in the light, though.

Oh cool, the jam is still on ? Awsome... I'll try some stuff, hope im not too rusty.. (non cooley related)

Any suggestions on a not-too-expensive decent cab for my new ENGL Fireball ? 2 of my friends have Behringer 4x12's with their Fireballs and that doesn't sound too bad. Also, I've heard good things about Avatar cabs.

I think it'll probably be just for my room, so I might get a 2x12.. I dont think I got the means to take a 4x12 with me to every gig I play anyway