Guitar Player's Thread

vader.jpg

Can i get a couple suggestions? I wanted to know the best kind of strings to play with for a guitar with a Floyd Rose. I tried Ernie Balls and they didnt last long. I used GHS boomers and they didnt last much longer. I know Alexi uses DRs but i wanted to get a couple suggestions to see if they are good to use.

Elixir, are a little bit higher priced then ernie ball or d'addario. But are cheaper then DR. Try them!

yay! I'm done writing my solo (and btw, I used up all the time). So now I just need to record it.

Good stuff.

I decided that I can't be bothered to write a solo so I'm just going to play the one that was on the original from the GT mag and just change it up a bit. I learnt it about half a year ago so I should be able to get it over and done with pretty quickly.

nice how does it sound?

and btw does anyone remember that nazgul just got a 5150 and was going to test it out and never came back to tell us about it. It's awesomeness must have killed him.

nice how does it sound?

and btw does anyone remember that nazgul just got a 5150 and was going to test it out and never came back to tell us about it. It's awesomeness must have killed him.

Exactly :D. That was almost 2 months ago...

What do you wanna hear? Something COB? Name few songs or something...I'll try to do my best :).

What do you wanna hear? Something COB? Name few songs or something...I'll try to do my best :).

The best way for me is to first to a tone test with just the guitar, and then in context with music. That way one really get's to hear all the aspects.

haha I don't know, I mainely want to know if it's as awesome as it's cracked up to be cause I am thinking about buying a combo 5105 or 6505.

The Fireball sounds great, but I already knew that :D the fake Marshall cab isnt too good tho and I think it might need some new tubes to sound even better (its 2 years old)

I'm considering selling my old Jackson Dinky DK2, and i called the local guitar shop, but they only seem to pay a maximum of 300 dollars. So i'm thinking that i could put it up on ebay, any thoughts on this?

Something that goes do do doooo dooooooooooooooooooooooooOO. :lol: :( Im bored. But anything would be nice!

OK, I'll try to record something until weekend.

haha I don't know, I mainely want to know if it's as awesome as it's cracked up to be cause I am thinking about buying a combo 5105 or 6505.

It is. It sounds awesome when cranked up, but at low volumes is a little bit "buzzy" sounding.

I'm considering selling my old Jackson Dinky DK2, and i called the local guitar shop, but they only seem to pay a maximum of 300 dollars. So i'm thinking that i could put it up on ebay, any thoughts on this?

If it's the one with Duncan Designed pickups you won't get much more than 300. You better sell it to the guitar shop.

Any Chris Holmes (WASP) fans here?

Check this out and (comment if you want):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lui2IsW6jV0

It's a Hellion solo, Alexi version first, and then original Chris Holmes version. This vid is also interesting because you can hear Jackson J50BC + JE1000 config ;).
Check other is videos too, he's great player and has a great collection of Jacksons (yes, he's the one that also had Roope's ex guitar, he sold it some time ago though).

Last edited by a moderator: