Guitar Player's Thread

Tbh im not sure if i even tried a wizard neck guitar T_T.. But i'll try one later, im still determined on getting that fucking guitar :lol: it played SO incredibly nicely!
I rarely use it too, to be honest. i used to use it when sweeping and soloing, but i just stopped for some reason, and now i feel it sounds kinda muddy.. But when clean, i cant live without it :lol: To get that jason becker-ish tone ;)

if you wanna try a wizard neck, test out the Xiphos if they have it any stores near you. it feels AMAZING.

corny, what are you studying in school?
"History" and "German Language and Literature Studies" at university. I'll graduate as a teacher in ca. 3 years.

Do you want to attend university, too?

Tbh im not sure if i even tried a wizard neck guitar T_T.. But i'll try one later, im still determined on getting that fucking guitar :lol: it played SO incredibly nicely!
I rarely use it too, to be honest. i used to use it when sweeping and soloing, but i just stopped for some reason, and now i feel it sounds kinda muddy.. But when clean, i cant live without it :lol: To get that jason becker-ish tone ;)
I'll wager any amount of money that at least one person here will call you a cheater :lol: Dunno when, but someday I realized that it's really cheating, it doesn't even sound better. Imo:
sloppy playing with neck-pickup > sloppy playing with bridge-pickup
clean playing with a clear sound with bridge-pickup >>>>>>>> any fast picking with neck-pickup

"History" and "German Language and Literature Studies" at university. I'll graduate as a teacher in ca. 3 years.

Do you want to attend university, too?

Oh, I thought you'd be studying music :loco:
I'm already in University. I'm studying philosophy and I have no idea where that will get me....I really want to study music but my parents wouldn't support me if I chose to do that, besides I dont have enough exprience in music to actually get into any programs. I've never had any lessons on anything so...yeah, it sucks.

So you'll be a teacher and a musician on the side?

^^^ :lol: I own one, but am considering selling it to grab one of those bloodbath sv customs if and when the opportunity arises. They are so godamn hot!.

Damn, you better hurry, they're limited edition.

"Built for bmusic exclusively with 10 only available. "Bloodbath" red with red scythe inlays, Original Floyd Rose, Alder body, ebony fingerboard, EMG-81 bridge, EMG-60 neck."

I dont really like the red/black stripe combo personally.

Btw, on the wizard necks, I'm not really too sure what they are, past that they're really thin right? haven't actually played on one. Although I'd think they promote shitty hand positioning :p

Btw, on the wizard necks, I'm not really too sure what they are, past that they're really thin right? haven't actually played on one. Although I'd think they promote shitty hand positioning :p

Not at all, they feel wonderful.

And you don't like this:

do7xir.jpg
?

Oh, I thought you'd be studying music :loco:
I'm already in University. I'm studying philosophy and I have no idea where that will get me....I really want to study music but my parents wouldn't support me if I chose to do that, besides I dont have enough exprience in music to actually get into any programs. I've never had any lessons on anything so...yeah, it sucks.

So you'll be a teacher and a musician on the side?

Yes... I love teaching, I had a practical in a school and taught youths up to age 18, it was great. Besides, a teacher in germany has much vacation (compared to other jobs). I still hope that I find a cool band for my Death Metal tracks to grab a little deal and go on a little tour. My job wouldn't stand in the way and that's cool.

They are thin, but the fretboard is pretty broad. That in combination with the technique of putting the thumb on the back of the neck benefits extremely comfortable playing.
I didn't know that you're already in university, how old are you? A lot of my friends study philosophy and nearly all of them are freaks somehow :p
I think it's a kickass subject, but I wouldn't know which job to pick.

Not at all, they feel wonderful.

And you don't like this:

do7xir.jpg
?

red body, black pinstripes = bleh

black body, red pinstripes = pwned.

i tried and failed to photoshop an alexi guitar to have red pinstripes :cry:

and on the necks, isn't the BC Rich Warlock similar to the wizard neck? <--- doesn't play BC Rich either :Smug:

the one thing i like about my alexi is the simplicity. just 1 pickup 1 vol knob and thats it. i never used tone knobs for any use at all. and i loved changing pickups slections but when "soloing" i would go on the neck pickup which i think is a little cheating because it just sounds...idk its hard to explain. but what i would kill for is the jem777 series espeically the 777sk this baby is madly insane

777sk_b.jpg

anyone know where i could get one? i know i said to myself that i would keep my alexi for at least 5 years and i probably will. but if i had the chance i would sell my alexi and get one of these