Guitar Player's Thread

In video world news
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnDEFyV88Qs
I posted a pic a while back of Ollie Herbert playing a Xiphos, and there is the video! He is wearing a klok shirt too, 15 metul points for Ollie

Faggotry (not the guitar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5Cvb8jGFI
A fucking awesome improv from ex-Megadeth guitarist Chris Poland

Never gave Megadeth's older stuff much of a listen to after Friedman's era. This guy is stellar, sounds like Vai.

yeah same. man dimarzio is awesome, they have so many colors you can choose your pickups in! its amazing. i cant wait to buy some. anyone have any other suggestions? i cant use the x2 whatever because i only have single coil slots. tone pro 5 sounds good but he said only for neck

They do the Tone Zone in single coil if you're interested. The TZ was the pickup that PG swore on. Now, I think he's still using it in the bridge but he's got a PGM with a single coil in the neck and middle but I'm not sure what that one is.

They do the Tone Zone in single coil if you're interested. The TZ was the pickup that PG swore on. Now, I think he's still using it in the bridge but he's got a PGM with a single coil in the neck and middle but I'm not sure what that one is.

I read that he liked the single coils from the Ibanez starterpack models so much he puts em in his guitars now

Yeah, I read that too, probably from the same source.

You'd probably be able to give more detailed info if anyone was interested.

eh, i like them. Not emo at all. Maybe melodic screaming. Now Avenged Sevenfold is a poppy emo-metal band. These guys can actually play.

I never said you didn't like them, they're still pretty emo-sounding.

I was actually thinking of getting a Tone Zone and maybe a PAF Pro, but then again i don't know if it's worth it. My ibanez RG550 comes with the stock pu's, and they sound pretty awesome.

I was at the guitar shop today, and i saw they had gotten the ESP SV Standard (black) in, so i decided to test it, and compare it to different models throughout the shop. And fucking hell, the guitar is so smooth and nice to play.. I want it, so bad. See it has the shape, it has the floyd, and all that shit. But the thing i dont like about the Alexi models, is that its limited to 1 pickup. And i can't get that nice dual hum tone i like on clean with that. The price is, a bit high for me, but fuck, i'm gonna save up for it. It's the best guitar i have tried. Meets all my requirements.

^+13245456

I think exactly the same thing. I rarely use the neck pickup but it feels good to have one. The guitar is absolutely awesome. It costs 1700 € in my guitarshop of choice. My plan is working my ass off in the next semester break to buy it.

EDIT: Although I think, that the Ibanez Wizard Necks are unbeatable.

^^^ :lol: I own one, but am considering selling it to grab one of those bloodbath sv customs if and when the opportunity arises. They are so godamn hot!.

^+13245456

I think exactly the same thing. I rarely use the neck pickup but it feels good to have one. The guitar is absolutely awesome. It costs 1700 € in my guitarshop of choice. My plan is working my ass off in the next semester break to buy it.

EDIT: Although I think, that the Ibanez Wizard Necks are unbeatable.

Tbh im not sure if i even tried a wizard neck guitar T_T.. But i'll try one later, im still determined on getting that fucking guitar :lol: it played SO incredibly nicely!
I rarely use it too, to be honest. i used to use it when sweeping and soloing, but i just stopped for some reason, and now i feel it sounds kinda muddy.. But when clean, i cant live without it :lol: To get that jason becker-ish tone ;)