Guitar Player's Thread

Can you replace one if it isn't good, isn't it a internal part of the computer?

So basically the things you need to record would include a sound/audio card, adapter for sc, mic or a effects pedal/processor, and an edit/mixing program?

Most motherboards have internal sound cards, these are usually of rather queer quality. You can just buy a PCI sound card and stick it in there, and then it will eh.. give you the option to choose the pci card. Unless you gotta disable the onboard one in the BIOS. i cant remember.

Most motherboards have internal sound cards, these are usually of rather queer quality. You can just buy a PCI sound card and stick it in there, and then it will eh.. give you the option to choose the pci card. Unless you gotta disable the onboard one in the BIOS. i cant remember.

Would that require a professional to install one? Can't bother to pull out my pc and check the ports in the back, probably use the laptop for recording.

I'm planning to go with the shure sm57. Seems very good for the price.

a standard affortable mic a shit load up poeple use. Usually the 57 or 58. or 57 or 56, I don't know.

"Normally", the SM57 is used for amps, the SM58 for Voice. A shure-employee said in a german board, that you basically get a SM57 when you take away the basket from the SM58.

I have the SM57 but I don't use it. My Marshall 30W is a transistor amp and I don't really adore the sound... and my Powerball has 100W. I would blow my neighbours away.

Yup, most PCs have the onboard card which must be disabled to use the new soundcard.

Would that require a professional to install one? Can't bother to pull out my pc and check the ports in the back, probably use the laptop for recording.

I'm planning to go with the shure sm57. Seems very good for the price.

Installing parts in your computer is infact easier than changing strings, so it shouldn't be any problems.

It fits very good! Good job, do you know the band?

band: Stream of Passion
Album:Embrace the Storm
Song: Wherever you are

btw that solo was the solo later in the song, just a little different. The rythm part I play over is the same part the solo is played over later.

Conti, dude, all of your recordings sound so awesome (Both the playing AND the recording overall, just like Mitch!).
How do you do it? :lol:

:lol:, I wouldn't compare myself to Mitch but thanks!
and I just...play the song?

That sounded good dude. I was actually suprised at the quality of the backing track at first, I didn't realise it was an actual song.