Guitar Player's Thread

┼Victim of the Night┼;6553002 said:
Ohhhh, never heard it, yeah... but it's a good one, Kev!! I like your compositions, like I said in the past aswell. :)

Then I hope you'll write some more stuff soon... for I like their music a lot it would be very nice to hear what Racer X and Sinergy's influence could make you create. :)

@ every musician here: you're so lucky, guys (and gal: yeah, I hint to ya, Mysti-Mysti ;))... never stop playing and trying to improve!!

Thanks Eli. you're too sweet, really. and I doubt any of the serious musicians here will ever stop playing ;)

Well, I didn't find any band or metal thing I've done but I found my composition inpsired for games or movies, like soundtrack.

There's some nice orchestration and some gay piano thing, and yeah well they are old, and to be honest I would change some things to them that is boring me, like some are too long or whatever.

Anyway it's just Guitar Pro :lol:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cr9an2

I'll try to find some more metal thing I've made.

(And sorry if it's the Guitarplayer thread and that those things aren't guitar at all :lol)

Wow Dude, must say, I am impressed with your compositions! You inspired some ideas for me.

Thank you! I must admit that I would really like to compose for games or movie, but I got so many time in front of time (a chance, cause I got so many things to learn :lol:)

Do what you can man, I really believe you have good ideas for themes and melodies. Do you play other instruments besides the keys?

for video games you gotta create like fucking crazy ass megaman shit with sweeps and wierd ass shit

Have you played Zelda?

Do what you can man, I really believe you have good ideas for themes and melodies. Do you play other instruments besides the keys?

I play some guitars, I'm not much a soloist but I can follow a band, I can be a good rythm guitarist as well as an accoustic guitarist (I'm precising, because it can be very different) I know Bass and drum theories, but I don't own any of these so I'm not very good.

I can play some other instruments such as flute (Tin Whistle), Bombard, Mouth Harp, and other simple thing that I use like Tamtam or Maracas :lol:

I'm actually droping my finger on a violin that I bought to my mother for her birthday, but she never play with (and she don't know how lol) so for the moment I,m just using it as a guitar/banjo (with pick) to get use with the notes, than I'll start with the real (and oh my god how fucking difficult) thing.

question for guitarists, when theres a lead on like the high e string that is like
20191716 or something like that and then descends on the strings would you slide from the 20 down or would you recommend using all 4 fingers? sliding seems easier but i'd imagine in the long run you can't do it as fast or as clean so is something that has that sort of pattern better to use all 4 fingers on? and before you say use your pinky in general i do use my pinky a lot for playing, just i was wondering if it should be used for that sort of run. if you need an example a while back there was a posting of the michael romeo licks and one of them was a diminished thing which had that sort of a pattern running down all the strings.

question for guitarists, when theres a lead on like the high e string that is like
20191716 or something like that and then descends on the strings would you slide from the 20 down or would you recommend using all 4 fingers? sliding seems easier but i'd imagine in the long run you can't do it as fast or as clean so is something that has that sort of pattern better to use all 4 fingers on? and before you say use your pinky in general i do use my pinky a lot for playing, just i was wondering if it should be used for that sort of run. if you need an example a while back there was a posting of the michael romeo licks and one of them was a diminished thing which had that sort of a pattern running down all the strings.

For a phrase like that, I would slide with my index from 17 to 16. So either pinky-ring-index-index or ring-middle-index-index. I simply cannot use all 4 fingers either than chromatic patterns. I remember seeing a Jani Liimatainen young guitar demo where he used all 4 in a scale pattern.

im thinking of taking up the violin, in the style of niccolo paganini.
prollem is i keep relating it to guitar...

Are you kidding? Piano type stuff is the hardest to transpose or relate to on guitar. Violin stuff like Paganini is the inspiration for many neo-classical lead guitarists.