Guitar Player's Thread

I got my used one for 600 dollars, not a scratch on it and sounds awesome, and plays just like my jem.

If you're an ibanez guy, this is probably the best guitar you can buy.

hmmmmm i have never tried any other rg550 the only one i did is the one that my guitar player has so i guess its just his failed exception, as i am Ibanez fan myself it was surprised to see and hear nothing special from that guitar.

I got my used one for 600 dollars, not a scratch on it and sounds awesome, and plays just like my jem.

If you're an ibanez guy, this is probably the best guitar you can buy.

Well, I've mostly played with Ibanez guitars (My friends have some too) and I have to say that I love them. So I'm definetly an Ibanez guy. Is everything (Edge bridge, tuning, etc) reliable?

Ok, more pics:

DSC06486m.jpg

DSC06513m.jpg

DSC06495m.jpg

DSC06480m.jpg

DSC06473m.jpg

group:
DSC06509m.jpg

Yeah, 24 frets would have been better, but you can't have all. I'm just happy as fuck now that I have non-recessed floyd and reversed inlays :cool:.

It won't be long until I get my 24fret CS Jackson Stars :):headbang:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6580574 said:
^Wow, they're just wow! ...how many guitars do you have? You're so lucky!! :)

Only the two in the last pic at the moment. I had to sell away one last week (the one I'm holding in the pic in own pics thread), so I could afford this one.

But I have another one incoming in 2-3 months! :headbang:

Gratulations. It wouldn't be a guitar for me, because it has 22 frets and because I don't like it just black.

Same. I don't like the 2 pickups and the gold pickup rings or the upside down sharkies either.

And I believe that is a recessed floyd, it looks exactly the same as the J2SP. :confused: It's got the little cavity under the bridge.

Same. I don't like the 2 pickups and the gold pickup rings or the upside down sharkies either.

And I believe that is a recessed floyd, it looks exactly the same as the J2SP. :confused: It's got the little cavity under the bridge.

Ok, more pics:

DSC06495m.jpg

DSC06473m.jpg

Yeah, 24 frets would have been better, but you can't have all. I'm just happy as fuck now that I have non-recessed floyd and reversed inlays :cool:.

It won't be long until I get my 24fret CS Jackson Stars :):headbang:

@warheart: you can really tell in these two pics.

eh i dunno, prefer a recessed floyd look, it just doesn't stick out as much and i can have a lower action near the body. also, the range is :kickass:, even though it can hit the pickup pretty easy when it pulls up.

eh i dunno, prefer a recessed floyd look, it just doesn't stick out as much and i can have a lower action near the body. also, the range is :kickass:, even though it can hit the pickup pretty easy when it pulls up.

Funny, I prefer the looks of a non-recessed trem :). Having lower action near the body on the recessed trems is not true though. Non-recessed trem are made so that the neck is at the angle, allowing the same action as the recessed trems. And that angle is more comfortable for playing for some people (like for me). Non-recessed trems have good pull-up range too...just watch some old COB shows to hear Alexi's pull-ups on his Jacksons with non-recessed trems. And his even didn't have the extra pull-up route! (mine does)

Funny, I prefer the looks of a non-recessed trem :). Having lower action near the body on the recessed trems is not true though. Non-recessed trem are made so that the neck is at the angle, allowing the same action as the recessed trems. And that angle is more comfortable for playing for some people (like for me). Non-recessed trems have good pull-up range too...just watch some old COB shows to hear Alexi's pull-ups on his Jacksons with non-recessed trems. And his even didn't have the extra pull-up route! (mine does)

is your neck bowed then? I don't know much about them so a lot of that came from my ass.